Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium connectivity now only 30 days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just noticed Tesla dropped the 1 year premium connectivity from the long range and performance models of the 3 and Y, at least. It matches the standard range 3 with only 30 days. I know its only like $10/month but i think they should have left it for the year.
I’m trading in my 2018 M3 w/ lifetime free premium connectivity and this Is a bummer. I feel like Tesla is capturing more data from the fleet to train the models for FSD and are looking for a way to recoup some of that cost.

It’s not a ton of money each month but I generally avoid any subscriptions if I can.

If you scroll down on the main Tesla.com Model Y page to the features, then click on expand Premium Connectivity is listed. When you click on the link there is a page of information re Premium Connectivity. In a table with column headings: Order Type / Premium Connectivity Trial Eligibility it states:

New orders of Model 3 and Model Y ordered on or after October 15, 2021 / Yes, 30 days starting from delivery date

If you scroll down on the main Tesla.com Model Y page to the features, then click on expand Premium Connectivity is listed. When you click on the link there is a page of information re Premium Connectivity. In a table with column headings: Order Type / Premium Connectivity Trial Eligibility it states:

New orders of Model 3 and Model Y ordered on or after October 15, 2021 / Yes, 30 days starting from delivery date
Good to know. Thanks looking into it!

That doesn’t seem to clear up for certain what you get if you ordered a Model Y prior to October 15, 2021. I put my order in on 7/26/21. I would hope I still get the 1 year free.

Reactions: jcanoe
Is it worth it? I usually try not to use something that I probably won’t subscribe to. Mine says good for a year.
Connectivity Packages

Navigation (Standard, Included; does not require Premium Connectivity)
Live Traffic Visualization (Requires Premium Connectivity)
Satellite-View Maps (Requires Premium Connectivity)
Video Streaming*⁺⁺ (Requires Premium Connectivity)
Caraoke* (Requires Premium Connectivity)
Music Streaming (currently this includes Tesla Streaming Music (Slacker based) and Spotify Premium) *⁺ (Requires Premium Connectivity)
Internet Browser* (Requires Premium Connectivity)

* Accessible over Wi-Fi for Standard Connectivity (Note that your phone can be used as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, uses your phone's data plan.)
*⁺ A paid subscription to streaming services is required to access music and media streaming

Connectivity

Last edited:
I thought that if you stepped up to the white interior you automatically are given 1 year of free premium connectivity? That was a small consideration as to why I went with the white interior on the MY I ordered in early October. That and it looks great!

Disappointing by not surprising. Luckily I purchased in July and am just waiting on delivery now. So hopefully I still get the full year to decide whether to go with premium connectivity or just turn on the hotspot on my phone.
From my experience of receiving delivery before 3 weeks after waiting for nearly 3 months from order date, we receive everything in your contract with Tesla - usually comes in effect with the invoice received few days before car is delivered... so any changes between placing the order and receiving the car are reflected...
When in my case, this meant saving $3000 price reduction, in your case it could be losing 1 year free premium connectivity (worth $110, as 30 days is still free)...

Considering the price difference, when disappointing - it's a very small change for car owner... much smaller shock compare to Phantom breaking ;)