Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

premium connectivity questions....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
once the premium connectivity trial starts, does anything need to be set up in the X for it to start working automatically?

also if i have logged into my spotify account with my playlists, just it log me out / back in - every time? if my wife uses the X, she would want her spotify login to work for her playlists based on her profile.

finally, does premium connectivity provide a wireless hot spot so kids can use the internet on their ipads or does this functionality not exist?

I don't there is such a thing. Esp on a used Tesla.

I don't they do CPO anymore, they're all used at this point.
Sorry...let me clarify: I'm waiting on delivery of a 2017 Model X 100D from the Tesla Used Inventory (directly from their website); which comes with a 4 year/50,000 warranty. Sounds like CPO to me. My current car (2018 Model 3) has lifetime free premium connectivity on it (due to me taking delivery before 7/1/2018). The Model X is listed as having the Technology Package, which includes (I was told) premium connectivity. Was hoping that equated to a grandfathered free tech package of live traffic, etc.

Sorry...let me clarify: I'm waiting on delivery of a 2017 Model X 100D from the Tesla Used Inventory (directly from their website); which comes with a 4 year/50,000 warranty. Sounds like CPO to me. My current car (2018 Model 3) has lifetime free premium connectivity on it (due to me taking delivery before 7/1/2018). The Model X is listed as having the Technology Package, which includes (I was told) premium connectivity. Was hoping that equated to a grandfathered free tech package of live traffic, etc.

Tesla offers warranty but the cars are consider used now. Previously they had a CPO program and used to repair scrapes, scratches, dings, etc to basically near new standards like other manufacturer. The current "used" program is highly limited in what they repair, touch-up, or even clean. Discussed at length. Check out the hell Rich Rebuilds went through with his "used" purchase from Tesla on his YouTube channel.

As for premium connectivity new cars come with 1-year, and used ones come with 30-days when bought from Tesla, typically. I didn't find a single used X that has more than 30-days. I think it's $10/mth after.

Tesla offers warranty but the cars are consider used now. Previously they had a CPO program and used to repair scrapes, scratches, dings, etc to basically near new standards like other manufacturer. The current "used" program is highly limited in what they repair, touch-up, or even clean. Discussed at length. Check out the hell Rich Rebuilds went through with his "used" purchase from Tesla on his YouTube channel.

As for premium connectivity new cars come with 1-year, and used ones come with 30-days when bought from Tesla, typically. I didn't find a single used X that has more than 30-days. I think it's $10/mth after.

Correct. I purchased my X via private party in March and just got it on the Tesla app. They immediately gave me the premium connectivity for 30 days free of charge. It will be $9.99 a month to follow the free 30 days.

And from what I gather it does not look like Spotify accounts will change when different drivers enter the car.

Since you purchased used from Tesla directly, you would fall under the rule of Tesla below:
"Used car orders on or after January 9, 2020 - Yes, 30 days starting from delivery date"