Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Press the horn…get voice activation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have mobile service coming this week. But in the meantime. Anyone know how this can be fixed? Or experience similar problem ? Everytime
I press the horn on either side. It triggers the voice command.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 37
  • Funny
Reactions: sorka and AS9.9.
Yup. Horn still works. But it just triggers the voice command. Tesla service center said it could be a pinched wire or something that requires a new steering wheel which in my mind is like saying it could be an apple or it could be a bag of chips.
I have a video of it but not sure how to attach a video to this post.

The voice command button is right next to where you are pressing the horn in your photo. Anyway, the horn is depressed when you push on either side. Perhaps pressing the horn is pressing the voice command button. See if you can flex the horn away or higher from the voice command button, or put a small rubber or plastic stop under the horn on the voice command side so it doesn't press down as much in that area.

Yea I understand that is the problem. I’m just not sure how to “flex” the horn away or higher. But even when I press the horn on the other side it’s also triggering. I figured it’s an adjustment but I don’t know how to do that. Any advice on how to do that?

I’ve had this on my previous 2014 Model S, but only when pressing the right hand side. Was resolved quickly enough under warranty. Didn’t keep the the old invoices unfortunately, so can’t tell you what was done.

I trust you get a lot of “could not understand command” responses to your select words for when you have to honk? I know I did.

I have 2013 MS. It has been working few weeks ago. I don't remember when the software upgrade.
Tuesday when I tried it, voice command logged connection failed. I tried open the door and press the horn, it got the same error.
Also, I removed and reconnected my phone, it did not help. I also tried reboot infotainment center, it did not help either. I am software engineer and I think software update caused the problem. software version is 2023.44.30.14.

I finally got my voice command working again!
These are what I did to get it to work.
I rebooted infotainment center.
delected my iphone connection via blue tooth.
Added iphone connection via blue tooth.
Added profile name.
Now, when I click voice command, it connected and allow me to set navigation, air turn on/off etc..

Reactions: DerbyDave