Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Drop $1,100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
getting closer to 35K! at $42,900 minus the $3,750 federal tax credit if delivered before June, brings it down to $4,150 for a larger battery with approximately 23% more range AND the premium upgrade package, why would anyone wait until after June for the stripped short range? oh I forgot that if it is delivered this year then still $1,875 in Federal tax credit so $6,025 still seems like a good deal for the upgrades though

Some people are holding out for v3 autopilot hardware. Other people are just stubborn dumbasses.

Yeah, this is some bullshit. I placed my order on Friday (4 days ago) and they haven't even finished drafting the paperwork. I'm going to call the local store tomorrow and ensure the discount is applied. There's no way $1100 offsets 9 months of supercharging (and the 1 super charger in my town is completely out of my way on the complete other side of town, meaning I would probably make it up there once a month at best).

I can only assume this car will get cheaper and cheaper as manufacturing processes improve. Buying now seems like a great way to spend more than the equivalent new model would be in 6 months from now.

I can only assume this car will get cheaper and cheaper as manufacturing processes improve. Buying now seems like a great way to spend more than the equivalent new model would be in 6 months from now.

They don't reduce price simply because manufacturing costs are lower, that's no way to earn profit/grow your company. They are only doing this to offset the change in net price that rebates and supercharging incentives have provided in the past. If you haven't taken delivery of your car, you will likely get the discounted price.

So i'd definitely expect another ~$3750 in price cuts on the current models as the tax credits continue to expire.

• Disagree
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
You do get to drive it 6 months instead of waiting. That’s worth something. :)

At a dealer, you have no idea of the person in the next sales office paid $1100 more or less. One always hopes they got the best deal, but that isn’t always the case.

Ya at the dealer no one knows. But here we all know you paid more yesterday than today.

...At a dealer, you have no idea of the person in the next sales office paid $1100 more or less. One always hopes they got the best deal, but that isn’t always the case.
Worse than that, pure logic dictates that exactly ONE person got the best deal. After that, the laws of probability check in....and guess what the chances are that YOU are that one person?;)

Sales can always be higher, what is the limiting factor? At a certain point it is no longer your factory and then you must do things like expand to different markets (i.e Europe) and start to reduce price (i.e Mid-Range) to attract new/additional customers. They aren't stupid and giving away free money, Elon is a little better than that (unless Fred tweets about a refund of course) ;)

Also, what PUP/FSD refunds? Only one i'm aware of is the $5K for early performance buyers and that was with a trade-off for supercharging.

I think the limiting factor is and has
historically been production? seems
the ramp up and 3rd line costs major $$$

giving away 2.5% off the top line is HUGE!

I understand all your factors,
it’s just that corp performance
doesn’t mate up with this today?

I thought it was the CEO that tweet’d
he’d match the repricing strategy of PUP
with a refund based upon that act?

previous there was no pricing given to
FUSC, nor any relationship to PUP.
now, many got FUSC as a function of
purchase date, some got SC via referral?
some had NO SCing to give back to
capture the $5k PUP repricing?

the previous FSD refund was based again
on pricing restructuring, and amounts
chareged to those straddling order v delivery.

both refunds were pricing driven.

sales! (and corp reports)

it would appear they DON’T understand price elasticity,
given the 3 is topping most all categories in comparison
with other manufacturers promised models, delivered today!

given the PUP/FSD refunds,
it’s clear they hiccup more than swallow!

so maybe you can elaborate how layoffs & price reductions
embolden the corporate bottom line?

Despite certain information aspects being asymmetric, I do believe that Tesla does understand price elasticity.

They are lowering prices because they have to, otherwise Q1 would look really bad. The sales center pitch is going to be “we covered the difference (most) of the subsidy loss” so its the same deal.

Tesla dominates the vehicles in its price class but doesn’t dominate the most profitable classes (trucks and suvs) and not yet reaching into the Camry class.

There’s no FSD refund - just honoring lower posted price.

PUPgate wasn’t a luxury that Tesla can afford. Elon ran his mouth off and legal decided best to just pay it and avoid any bad PR.

I love how everyone thinks it's funny, but the performance car with white interior is about 9k cheaper than it was 4 months ago. That means in addition to the 20÷ depreciating hit we also lost about 9k in value due to price drops.

Makes me think twice about ordering another Tesla in there future. Of course at this rate I'll never be able to afford another one anyways.

• Disagree
I love how everyone thinks it's funny, but the performance car with white interior is about 9k cheaper than it was 4 months ago. That means in addition to the 20÷ depreciating hit we also lost about 9k in value due to price drops.

Makes me think twice about ordering another Tesla in there future. Of course at this rate I'll never be able to afford another one anyways.

You got a 3.5 second car for 5000 more than AWD in 2018 right?

I think you are doing the best in relative terms for Model 3 owners I believe.

• Funny