Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Drop $1,100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks.

So, people buying after July 1, 2018 do they have free internet for one year?

Again, I'm not sure if I have free internet right now, but because I can connect to the car remotely, I'm guessing there is some data connection.

Free premium LTE. There will always be some kind of connection. The exact details escape my mind but the Premium is going to be inexpensive. $100 a year - nothing.

Thanks.

So, people buying after July 1, 2018 do they have free internet for one year?

Again, I'm not sure if I have free internet right now, but because I can connect to the car remotely, I'm guessing there is some data connection.
From Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity:
Will there be a trial period for Premium Connectivity?
For all Model S and Model X cars ordered on or after July 1, 2018, Premium Connectivity will be complimentary for one year after delivery, as well as all Model 3 cars with Premium Interior. After the complimentary period ends, Standard Connectivity will be available for all cars at no cost, and Premium Connectivity will be available for purchase via the in-car touchscreen. Connectivity plans for Model 3 without Premium Interior will be announced later this year.

So getting the price down to 42,500 is pretty close to the promised 35,000 if you consider inflation since they first proposed a 35,000 car many years ago- not so much when they rolled out the Model 3 in 2016 but what they were talking about around the time they started delivering cars at all - Will we ever see them offer a 35,000 Model 3? I don't know. Seems they are selling well enough to not do that any time soon.

• Funny
Reactions: adaptabl
I took deliver last Tuesday of a Mid-Range Model 3 priced at $35,000 + $9000 for Mid-Range or $44,000. Now that car is $42,900! I was actually writing a letter to Tesla corporate on another issue when I got the notification of the price drop. WOW!!
I'm assuming you would have gotten the 6/9 month free supercharging, so that should even things up.

So getting the price down to 42,500 is pretty close to the promised 35,000 if you consider inflation since they first proposed a 35,000 car many years ago- not so much when they rolled out the Model 3 in 2016 but what they were talking about around the time they started delivering cars at all - Will we ever see them offer a 35,000 Model 3? I don't know. Seems they are selling well enough to not do that any time soon.
I don't think they are selling well enough, hence the monthly 1-2k drop in price. It's not a good sign at all.

I'm assuming you would have gotten the 6/9 month free supercharging, so that should even things up.

Even a year of supercharging isn't worth $500 let alone $1100.

I don't think they are selling well enough, hence the monthly 1-2k drop in price. It's not a good sign at all.

Even a year of supercharging isn't worth $500 let alone $1100.

I mean selling well enough : they are literally selling every car they make as fast as they can make them...it's not like Tesla's inventory is increasing. You could <maybe> make the argument that they aren't increasing production as much as they could but that would be a demand increase. At current production rates there are 0 demand issues regardless of price.

Only for someone driving over 15000 miles in 6 months and only use supercharger to charge...
And that sounds like no fun at all. And it's also hard on the battery. And it will take longer since the car will throttle charge rate to prevent excessive wear on the battery.

As for them selling well it took 4 months to get a car when I ordered. A friend ordered his last week and he had a vin in 2-3 days. This indicates there is an inventory and they are not selling as quickly as they intended.

Reactions: mmd
Wow.. just a bunch of babies.. the whole lot of you. Waaaahhhh.

You got what you paid for. You looked at the price and thought to yourself.. "yup.. that's worth it to me. I'm going to buy that!"

It's $1100 ffs. How much have you saved in fuel and maintenance? Sure... maybe not $1100.. but close enough..

My god..
The issue isn't the $1100, but that there has been a 1-2k price drop EVERY month.

Agreed and I am very happy about the price cut as a potential customer but you are signaling to the potential customers if they wait they might get a better deal. In my case I have nothing to lose if I delay my purchase until June but by then there could be more price cuts, cheaper versions made available, and new features added (next gen AP or SC) for no additional cost. It is just bad for Tesla if potential buyers keep delaying their purchases...

The issue isn't the $1100, but that there has been a 1-2k price drop EVERY month.
And the tax credit has decreased in that time window, washing out some of those drops.

At some point it will increase as new features are added. For now, as economies of scale are achieved and in an attempt to get to pricing parity with ICE it will keep going down for a while (IMHO).

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia