Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price drop! Standard range gone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am in the process of planning/ordering a Model X. Was going to get a standard range in black vs white. Wanted to save the $2k on the paint...

Last checked this morning but it looks like prices have updated tonight. Standard range is now gone but long range has dropped by $6k to $85k, and pearl white is now standard.

TIme to place my deposit...

Plus ludicrous is standard on performance models. So much for that loyalty incentive last quarter that existing owners get free ludicrous upgrades. Glad I held out.

If I configure the same car today that I purchased last month, it's still $3k more expensive than I paid for it. Plus I got an extra $1,875 on the tax credit. I feel for the people who got ludicrous recently and paid $20k for it, but there's been no wrong done to those of us who got the loyalty bonus. It was effectively just early access pricing, they just couldn't call it that.

Also worried about resale value... if there's no more standard range, suddenly the 75D is an outdated "low range" version :/

I don't think you got a 75D right? You got a "standard range" Raven.

Isnt it same battery size but software limited vs long range? I bet resale to Tesla later won't be much different since it's the same car to them... Maybe with better battery health.

Perhaps they'll even unlock it for $2k.

Did you get the increased federal rebate in June?

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and TexasEV
This makes me pretty sad about my 75D in pearl white.... for only 2k more than I paid, I would get long range. And I'm 2 days past my 7 days return. :/
I bought my first Tesla, Model S P85, in 2015. I have bought 2 Model X's since then. My advice is to buy your car and don't keep looking at new prices! Enjoy what you paid for and keep looking forward. Life is gets way too complicated when you concentrate on the rear view mirror view.

Agree. My 3 dropped in price weeks after. It's the nature of TSLA.

Agree. My 3 dropped in price weeks after. It's the nature of TSLA.
I think that's the nature of the traditional car business in many cases:
1) Legacy dealer pricing is not transparent but everyone knows that purchasing a car isn different earlier in the month vs later in the month quarter or year.

2) Legacy manufacturer to dealer incentives are also not visible to consumers - so the pricing mix a lot of time is not passed onto the customer in the form of information & this adds even more distinction between a customer entering the dealership 1 minute/ hour/day vs. another customer not in the same time frame - ultimately, what 1 person pays for a car with same config is not what another pays due to the incentives that are driving a dealer's bottom line & performance targets.

So what Tesla has done is basically lifted the veil on that somewhat in the form of price changes in public - essentially- many of the things that drive manufacturers & dealers: demand, costs, efficiencies, logistics - are what Tesla is doing to its prices & being more transparent than what a dealer will share with the average customer.

• Helpful
Reactions: X Fan and GraemeS
I don't think you got a 75D right? You got a "standard range" Raven.

Isnt it same battery size but software limited vs long range? I bet resale to Tesla later won't be much different since it's the same car to them... Maybe with better battery health.

Perhaps they'll even unlock it for $2k.

Did you get the increased federal rebate in June?

Is it the same battery? I don't think so. I think it's a 75kw battery vs the long range 100kw. If I *could* unlock it for 2k I would absolutely do that.

We ordered in June, but they couldn't get the car to us until July, so we didn't even get the better rebate, unfortunately.

I just took delivery of White Pearl MX LR Raven at the end of June. The same configuration is now $9,210 less. There is now $1,875 less in tax rebate available so that's an immediate value loss of $7,335. Color me disappointed in Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I just took delivery of White Pearl MX LR Raven at the end of June. The same configuration is now $9,210 less. There is now $1,875 less in tax rebate available so that's an immediate value loss of $7,335. Color me disappointed in Tesla.

My late 2018, pearl white, MX 100D costs about $15k less now than what I bought it for. Yes it sucks for resale value, but I was happy to pay the price when I bought it originally so I can't really be upset. It's not like Tesla swindled us.

I believe you are correct.

That article is from early 2019 and I believe they did do this software limited pack for a month or so (270 epa range)

The recent 255 mile range with new front motor is a 75 kWh pack again. At least all the pictures members have shared with the pack part numbers show 75 kWh pack. Spec sheet also had a lower weight

Tesla limits 10% of a pack sometimes but 25% software limit seems crazy even for Tesla