Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I took delivery of our 20 Model 3P the day before the price drop. I found out about it the next day and called the dealership in Charlotte. I was told right away that we would receive a refund of $2,000 due to our being within the 7 day return time. When asked when we would receive the refund we were told 30-60 days. I don't have anything in writing and asking if anyone else has gone through this and what they did or are expecting to happen and when. We appreciate Elon Musk doing this, just checking when we would get it. Thanks for any information or updates.

If you don't have it in writing, then there's a chance you won't receive it. I'd ask for it in writing, and even suggest that you will exercise the 7 day return option if they won't.

There's only two ways to guarantee you'll get the price drop:

1. Return the car and order another one.
2. Get something in writing from them.

Anything else is a big maybe.

If you don't have it in writing, then there's a chance you won't receive it. I'd ask for it in writing, and even suggest that you will exercise the 7 day return option if they won't.

There's only two ways to guarantee you'll get the price drop:

1. Return the car and order another one.
2. Get something in writing from them.

Anything else is a big maybe.
Well I am past the 7 days now, I talked with a salesman that next day and he said I would get it. My salesperson was off that day. I texted him and he reassured me that I was going to get it. I made copies of his text replies back to me. I have sent a note to Tesla asking about it and if I don't get reassurance, will go back to the dealership and talk to them again. Thanks

I was in the same situation, and they refused to give me a refund. They played around with me for a while, presumably to drag out the process. I thought about returning my car, but in the end decided I wanted to keep it. I love the car, but it has left a bad taste in my mouth for Tesla after sales service.

Good luck with your refund, I hope you do get it.

I was in the same situation, and they refused to give me a refund. They played around with me for a while, presumably to drag out the process. I thought about returning my car, but in the end decided I wanted to keep it. I love the car, but it has left a bad taste in my mouth for Tesla after sales service.

Good luck with your refund, I hope you do get it.
Not a good thing to hear. I will see what Tesla says about it and when to expect it. It would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm taking delivery TODAY for my Model 3 dual motor and I just found out about the 2k price drop late last night! Financing is already in place and I just need to pick up the car today. I would like to either get the refund or apply the 2k to the performance boost. Would the sales manager have the authority to do this I wonder? If anyone had their issue resolved regarding this please share. Thank you

Back in the 90s and early 2000's I put way more importance into the quality of a car's audio. Honestly, I don't think the Model 3's stereo is as great as everyone makes it out to be. Both my '94 mustang and my 2001 Acura CL Type S had better-sounding systems from the factory. But back then, when I'd shop around for cars, I always brought a few CDs with me to try in showrooms. These were the two songs I'd usually try first:

(The CD versions of the songs below sound insanely better than the versions on YouTube below)

Speaking of Queensrÿche, their "Empire" and "Operation: Mindcrime" albums absolutely blew me away in terms of recording quality. They sounded light years ahead of their time to me when they came out.

Back in the 90s and early 2000's I put way more importance into the quality of a car's audio. Honestly, I don't think the Model 3's stereo is as great as everyone makes it out to be. Both my '94 mustang and my 2001 Acura CL Type S had better-sounding systems from the factory. But back then, when I'd shop around for cars, I always brought a few CDs with me to try in showrooms. These were the two songs I'd usually try first:

(The CD versions of the songs below sound insanely better than the versions on YouTube below)

Speaking of Queensrÿche, their "Empire" and "Operation: Mindcrime" albums absolutely blew me away in terms of recording quality. They sounded light years ahead of their time to me when they came out.
Wrong thread? lol

• Funny
Reactions: RobRain