Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a series of rather significant price cuts across the board in 2023, this latest increase appears out of place. Apparently, the cost of 3 yrs. unlimited supercharging is baked into the price adjustment. I don't think this move will increase demand that much, as a majority of Tesla owners already have / will have a home charging solution. Notice that the supercharging promotion ends on June 30 in typical Tesla fashion to boost EOQ sales. One thing's for sure, Tesla likes to shake up the EV market with increasing frequency.

Here's the typical Tesla buying scenario: You place an order, play the waiting game, and then sit back and watch the insanity unfold. Your "exact match" never quite arrives in local inventory in time before the incentives expire, or your trade-in quote expires before then. During that time frame, you watch prices / interest rates, and options fluctuate, or come and go. You worry that your trade in value will tank on the next offer. So as your anxiety builds, your knees weaken, and stomach turns over, you finally decide to accept a different color, trim, or other options. This is a game that Tesla always wins. :)

^^^This. And most posters here recently have only had to deal with said insanity for a month or two, not a year or more like those early adopters of the Refresh circa 21-22... Remember Endless Delivery Disorder?

Reactions: AMPd
What’s even crazier is all model S’s are currently showing free 3 years charging on the app lol
IMG_4454.png

Reactions: DrJ and aerodyne
Do you still get the free supercharger for 3 years if you locked in on the lower price but haven’t received it yet?
No.
I will confirm with my SA. The terms simply say those who take delivery between April and June. It doesn’t stipulate price or order period.
Actually, it does when you click for details:

1682125796379.png

You can also get an extra 3 years, 6 total, if you trade-in an S or X with FUSC. (Or you can keep it but authorize Tesla to remove FUSC from it.)

Reactions: Kare101 and ucmndd
Can you share what you were told exactly and how that was communicated? I was told in writing (via text) that I can only get free supercharging if I take the higher price.
Good luck with that. The terms also say that the promotion can change or be ended at any time. So, the only thing that matters is what is on the paperwork when you sign, everything up to that point is meaningless.