Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices going up 3% on 3/18 on all cars except $35k Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish they gave you until the end of the day on Friday or Saturday so you could decide if a Y was a better choice. They may just be wringing out all the buyers they can. Drop the price, grab a few thousand, threaten to rais the price, grab a few thousand more. I think they need that extra price drop later for when the fed tax credit totally goes away. If you are on the fence there is no way this is not getting you closer to pulling the trigger. Anyone want to buy a very clean 2018 Volt Premier with 15,000 miles?

I wish they gave you until the end of the day on Friday or Saturday so you could decide if a Y was a better choice. They may just be wringing out all the buyers they can. Drop the price, grab a few thousand, threaten to rais the price, grab a few thousand more. I think they need that extra price drop later for when the fed tax credit totally goes away. If you are on the fence there is no way this is not getting you closer to pulling the trigger. Anyone want to buy a very clean 2018 Volt Premier with 15,000 miles?

Who would even dare to put down a deposit on the Model Y?

Is the price of the Model Y really going to be 10% higher when you are able to buy it in a year? Or is it going to be 10% lower in price because battery prices will be cheaper by then....or.....?

• Disagree
Reactions: Common_Loon
I'm planning to put down a deposit for Model Y (if they open up reservations). All I care about the reveal is overall form factor. If it's the Model 3 with more/better storage space, I'll most likely replace the existing S85 with the Y.

This is a total disaster. They look like fools, IMHO.

This. You don't have to be the Elon Musk of the business world to know that making a huge announcement like this then turning around on it in a week or two isn't to be done like this. Any competent business manager would be asking "Did they even think about this before making the announcement and cutting peoples' bonuses? And doing it to the very people that helped them get a bunch of sales and profitability?".

This should have been thoroughly planned out in the Tesla offices BEFORE announcing anything to anyone. Tesla's business department looks like a bunch of Grade "A" jackasses right now.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
Who would even dare to put down a deposit on the Model Y?

Is the price of the Model Y really going to be 10% higher when you are able to buy it in a year? Or is it going to be 10% lower in price because battery prices will be cheaper by then....or.....?
Well I am hoping they have leared from the 3 and will be starting the Y sooner than expected. The price stuff is just noise, I would prefer they keep the price lower to get more ice off the road, but if they need it for later and the “sale” filled out their production, the that’s good too. Why are you worried about the price and store noise? I the last week you just got (well coming soon) more power, more range and an almost doubling of the charging speed of a car you already own. Tesla only has to do 3 things. Make as many cars as they can, sell all those cars and prepare to make more. Model 3 tracker says they are making more, China is going as planned, price hike and 3SR deliver date push back says they have filled in any demand gap they had and hopefully we hear more about the Y on Thursday.

Well I am hoping they have leared from the 3 and will be starting the Y sooner than expected. The price stuff is just noise, I would prefer they keep the price lower to get more ice off the road, but if they need it for later and the “sale” filled out their production, the that’s good too. Why are you worried about the price and store noise? I the last week you just got (well coming soon) more power, more range and an almost doubling of the charging speed of a car you already own. Tesla only has to do 3 things. Make as many cars as they can, sell all those cars and prepare to make more. Model 3 tracker says they are making more, China is going as planned, price hike and 3SR deliver date push back says they have filled in any demand gap they had and hopefully we hear more about the Y on Thursday.

Tesla also has to stop making their stock go down with things that they walk-back a week later.