Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's possible/likely this is the "early adopter/influencer" pricing and by 2025 the prices will come down as it becomes profitable with volume production.

Then again, Elon has stressed interest rates play a big role and those are predicted to go down. So might that float prices up? They also face a hard cap of $80k for the EV tax credit on the lower two variants at least.
Don't forget they need to react to demand and competition - which will be greater down the road.

Reactions: DarkandStormy
I HIGHLY doubt Elon is managing twitter by himself.

Whoaa..... wait a min. Adults are running Tesla? Not Elon? Which is it?

Let's come to a consensus here.
Teslas early success is due to Tesla having great engineers and leadership (below Elon). Teslas faltering (which I would estimate is going on about 5 years now) are the result of his thinking his own farts smell like roses and forcing his ideas as company directives regardless of any advice he would receive.

With Twitter it’s well known he fired any talent that dared question the merit of any of his directives.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Teslas early success is due to Tesla having great engineers and leadership (below Elon). Teslas faltering (which I would estimate is going on about 5 years now) are the result of his thinking his own farts smell like roses and forcing his ideas as company directives regardless of any advice he would receive.

With Twitter it’s well known he fired any talent that dared question the merit of any of his directives.

Some will challenge you on that point... 🤣

Tesla's faltering?

I would like to falter in life then.

Nothing to a trillion-dollar valuation. Will you help me falter like them?

or even easier - be twice as bad as Tesla/Elon...for 500 billion. I'm easy.

You're right, I prefer my premium EVs to be almost undrivable in storms due to missing windshield wiper rain sensors, low-res cameras that cause my high beams to behave erratically and blind oncoming traffic, phantom brake checking trucks behind me on the freeway. Then when it's all going so well double down on vision by removing parking sensors (wouldn't want the fsd I paid for to work at all) and stalks so I can't signal a turn while I'm turning or quickly reverse in a jam. Not to mention the auto-opening doors (I'd rather fight the door motor every time I open it)... And if I may want help with any of this, the company should be almost impossible to reach after they initially take my money 😉

Luckily we'll (possibly) soon have many more options!
You're right, stick with Mercedes-Benz proven level 4 autonomy... that requires a lead car, only works up to 40mph, doesn't work in curves, in rain, or in sunlight. They're coming alright! ;)

For all the people complaining about the price $60k base price, how much do you think the base trim Model X cost when it first came out? It had only 200 miles and was $75K and didn't have half the abilities and features of the CyberTruck. Did you really expect 300+ miles for the cost of a Model Y after a pandemic and continued record inflation on a state of the art, brand new halo vehicle with the most preorders of all time of any vehicle? Get real. Your expectations are out of line.
Stop making excuses.

For all the people complaining about the price $60k base price, how much do you think the base trim Model X cost when it first came out? It had only 200 miles and was $75K and didn't have half the abilities and features of the CyberTruck. Did you really expect 300+ miles for the cost of a Model Y after a pandemic and continued record inflation on a state of the art, brand new halo vehicle with the most preorders of all time of any vehicle? Get real. Your expectations are out of line.

Tesla set the expectations. Kind of weird to be mad at customers and not the company.