Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a couple impression videos like MKBHD's of the cybertruck. I was impressed with what I saw.
However, even if I wanted it, there are over 1M ahead of me and 4-5 yrs to meet all those pre-orders.

Don't understand all the drama about price. If you preordered and don't want the product, just cancel and get your deposit back.

I'll certainly consider the 2028 Cybertruck. Should be a good pickup choice for my uses.
By then it will probably be a 500mi/$50k pickup.
Who knows, maybe solid state batteries will start trickling into the mainstream and someone else will have a better truck...
certainly, the cybertruck will be a much improved product by then as well.

I saw a couple impression videos like MKBHD's of the cybertruck. I was impressed with what I saw.
However, even if I wanted it, there are over 1M ahead of me and 4-5 yrs to meet all those pre-orders.

Don't understand all the drama about price. If you preordered and don't want the product, just cancel and get your deposit back.

I'll certainly consider the 2028 Cybertruck. Should be a good pickup choice for my uses.
By then it will probably be a 500mi/$50k pickup.
Who knows, maybe solid state batteries will start trickling into the mainstream and someone else will have a better truck...
certainly, the cybertruck will be a much improved product by then as well.
Agreed - who knows what the future will bring for CT, or Rivian, or others. By 2028, the competition should be fierce and all products, improved. I may reconsider a Tesla truck in 2028 (Note; I said "truck," and not "Cybertruck") - depending on what they are offering at that time. But, at this time I will keep the R1T (which anyone can get a lot sooner than a CT). Wait times currently range from zero to two months for an R1T, depending. They are supposed to deliver over 52,000 R1 vehicles in 2023.

Last edited:
Agreed - who knows what the future will bring for CT, or Rivian, or others. By 2028, the competition should be fierce and all products, improved. I may reconsider a Tesla truck in 2028 (Note; I said "truck, and not Cybertruck) - depending on what they are offering at that time. But, at this time I will keep the R1T (which anyone can get a lot sooner than a CT). Wait times currently range from zero to two months for an R1T, depending. They are supposed to deliver over 52,000 R1 vehicles in 2023.
The R1T and S would be my choices for large trucks. Best interiors and incredibly impressed with the build and engineering.
I wish Tesla built vehicles that well.

Reactions: jebinc
Agreed - who knows what the future will bring for CT, or Rivian, or others. By 2028, the competition should be fierce and all products, improved. I may reconsider a Tesla truck in 2028 (Note; I said "truck," and not "Cybertruck") - depending on what they are offering at that time. But, at this time I will keep the R1T (which anyone can get a lot sooner than a CT). Wait times currently range from zero to two months for an R1T, depending. They are supposed to deliver over 52,000 R1 vehicles in 2023.
I’m sitting on a R1T pre-order too. After Jan 1st, I could order a dual motor max pack with 21’’ wheels at 79,800. Its range is 410 real miles, not Tesla miles. Then take the new $7,500 off The top point of sale rebate, and I’m sitting pretty good at 72,300.00

not bad.

I’m sitting on a R1T pre-order too. After Jan 1st, I could order a dual motor max pack with 21’’ wheels at 79,800. Its range is 410 real miles, not Tesla miles. Then take the new $7,500 off The top point of sale rebate, and I’m sitting pretty good at 72,300.00

not bad.
Have you checked inventory? There were plenty of DM and quads here in the Seattle area, when I checked last week for my Dentist. Mostly white ones.

Yes and I want white. But the dual quad puts it over 80,000.

dual performance max is under 80,000
Just checked, there are still many. Just call Rivian and have your "pre-order" pricing applied to an VIN truck in inventory - If you no longer want to wait.

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 10.32.56 AM.png

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Rivian prices are Absurd.......
To each.

If someone took the time to look, and get the facts, they would see those were optioned up. Less optioned up is less expensive. I know, you don't want, "the fact to ruin a good story or narrative".... got it. And these are quad motor, 900HP (more than your fav CyberBeast). Oh oh, and best of all - we really don't know what Telsa's price will be when they actually start delivering in volume "in 2024" or "in 2025" as your reservation does not "lock" the price. 🤣 With these Rivian's, what you see is what you can get.... TODAY!

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 11.06.11 AM.png

Last edited:
nearly all of Rivian orders are for the R1S. Compared to it's $78k base, it is comparably priced to ice suv's like the Jeep Wagoneer, GMC Yukon, Lincoln Aviator, QX60, BMWX5, Merc GLE, Audi Q7...
And I would take the R1S over all of them in a heartbeat.

R1T is not some pretender. It's the real deal. Test drive and look over the construction of the product.
Then, go look at any other truck at the same price- ICE pickups - and let me know how much of a ripoff the Rivian is.

nearly all of Rivian orders are for the R1S. Compared to it's $78k base, it is comparably priced to ice suv's like the Jeep Wagoneer, GMC Yukon, Lincoln Aviator, QX60, BMWX5, Merc GLE, Audi Q7...
And I would take the R1S over all of them in a heartbeat.

R1T is not some pretender. It's the real deal. Test drive and look over the construction of the product.
Then, go look at any other truck at the same price- ICE pickups - and let me know how much of a ripoff the Rivian is.
Been driving mine over a year and a half and enjoy it as much today as the day I got it! No issues! Was sitting on an unfulfilled CT reservation for four years… and for me (a prior day zero pre order), it looks like I would have had to wait up to another year to get a CT; one that will likely have all of the usual Tesla early adopter issues! NO THANKS. 🙏

Been driving mine over a year and a half and enjoy it as much today as the day I got it! No issues! Was sitting on an unfulfilled CT reservation for four years… and for me (a prior day zero pre order), it looks like I would have had to wait up to another year to get a CT; one that will likely have all of the usual Tesla early adopter issues! NO THANKS. 🙏
I know future Rivian products will cost cut and streamline production. I honestly don't know how they made the R1T and S at this level of manufacturing quality and detail for the pricepoint. It really speaks to the company truly wanting to put out the best product and overshooting, where the customer wins. Do owners appreciate this? I don't know how many customers know what they looking at when looking for quality engineering and design. I know most youtubers in general are pretty oblivious and very superficial in their reviews with no appreciation or even comparative analysis.

Reactions: jebinc
I know future Rivian products will cost cut and streamline production. I honestly don't know how they made the R1T and S at this level of manufacturing quality and detail for the pricepoint. It really speaks to the company truly wanting to put out the best product and overshooting, where the customer wins. Do owners appreciate this? I don't know how many customers know what they looking at when looking for quality engineering and design. I know most youtubers in general are pretty oblivious and very superficial in their reviews with no appreciation or even comparative analysis.
Being an engineer by education, I appreciate it!

Reactions: Eto Demerzel