Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's under $80,000 it will, so if you think it'll be under $45K it should. Of course there is the issue that while there are incentives Tesla has the incentive to raise their price, so I would only expect a $7500 tax credit to be added to the original quoted pricing, but then also time has marched on so they will probably raise the price just so these are not the cheapest cars Tesla sells when they first hit the market. Although they may be in the long run as the cost of production could be lower without stamping and painting steps to create them.

It might even make sense to wait to buy one until the pricing shakes out, unless they start with the crazy cheap price that they quoted on the day of the announcement. Although if you lose your place in line waiting you also lose the locked in FSD pricing, which may be a reason to buy early. I think it's $7k vs the current $15k

$70k will be the cheapest. It's already bare bones, I cant imagine what a $45k CT will offer. The rear passenger leg room is atrocious for such a big vehicle. This is what happens when you take a CUV and make it a truck. Awful but Ill still buy it to make some good profit off of it.

I think it'll start at the same price as a the F150 Lightning XLT model. So probably around $60k-$65k for the dual motor by the end of 2024 when production is really ramped up. May be $55k for the RWD standard range. Initially, it'll just be the expensive trim like the did with the Model 3 and Y. So probably around $80k this year.

Reactions: Eric9610
with so much excitement & reservation-Tesla will enjoy the pricing without competing/relating with any one-once the order started dwindling they'll price it competitively.

After the CT Investors "reveal" they are no longer competing with the Ford Lightning, it's too small to compete with a Full Size Truck. Its competition is now the Rivian and Tacomas of the world.

Its competition is now the Rivian and Tacomas of the world.
I wouldn’t put the R1T in the same category as the Tacoma. The R1T has 800 horsepower, payload of 1800 pounds, and tow capacity of 11,000 pounds. The Tacoma ranges from 159 to 278 hp, 1050 to 1685 pounds payload, and tow capacity of 3500 to 6800 pounds. About the only specs the two share is maybe exterior dimensions.

Reactions: afadeev and israndy
I wouldn’t put the R1T in the same category as the Tacoma. The R1T has 800 horsepower, payload of 1800 pounds, and tow capacity of 11,000 pounds. The Tacoma ranges from 159 to 278 hp, 1050 to 1685 pounds payload, and tow capacity of 3500 to 6800 pounds. About the only specs the two share is maybe exterior dimensions.

Interior dimension wise. Rear passengers probably have the same leg room in all 3.

Point is for such a big vehicle the CT offers nothing for interior passengers.

They said it was 4’ x 6’, and there are no wheel wells sticking into the bed area so I think that’s a pretty big bed, but I am not a truck guy (Or a gun guy I had it pointed out). I just hope some interesting truck campers come out to take full advantage of all that space and are not dorky little fold into the bed style units.

They said it was 4’ x 6’, and there are no wheel wells sticking into the bed area so I think that’s a pretty big bed, but I am not a truck guy (Or a gun guy I had it pointed out). I just hope some interesting truck campers come out to take full advantage of all that space and are not dorky little fold into the bed style units.
That’s a about 1.5’ longer than the mavericks and R1T bed. Seems a pretty good size to me. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: TessP100D
Looking in the Bed of the Truck it appears that the Bed sides are wider at the bottom and top than in the center. I don't see any lip at the top of the Bed to mount a Truck Topper. Say you didn't want to use the roll up cover and wanted a topper that was the same height all the way back.

Reactions: TessP100D
Even at 219 inches long the Cybertruck is a fullsize Truck. You should be able to seat 4 6 foot adults with the front seat slid back. and have some leg room for rear seat passengers. I posted this video to show interior room. The seats are slid back and there is plenty of room in the rear.

Say you didn't want to use the roll up cover and wanted a topper that was the same height all the way back.
you didn't want to use the roll up cover and wanted a topper that was the same height all the way back.
I'm sure there will be a bunch a truck toppers and bed campers built for the cybertruck?
Is that a question?
For a supposed “Full Size Truck” that will “change” the segment?

YES
Why did you air quote the word change? Do you NOT think it will? Do you not think it's a full size truck?