Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prioritize your options offered through Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

T34ME

Mar 31, 2016
Inland Empire
I am trying to figure out a way to occupy myself while I wait for my configurator to open. So why not prioritize my options? I realize that not all these options are currently available and that some of them may be bundled into a larger option package, but why not do a little pre-planning anyway? I did not include any aftermarket options, only those that might be available from Tesla. Here is my list, what is yours?
  1. EAP
  2. FSD
  3. PUP
  4. SAS
  5. Color upgrade
  6. LR battery
  7. AWD
  8. 19" wheels
  9. Performance/Ludicrous

1. PUP
  2. Color upgrade
  3. LR battery
  4. EAP
  5. AWD
  6. FSD
  7. SAS
  8. 19” wheels (do not want)
  9. Performance/Ludicrous (do not want)
I’m only getting the first three initially, will spring for EAP at some point down the road (and FSD if it ever works). I would get AWD if it was available initially.

Reactions: T34ME
  1. LR battery
  2. EAP
  3. FSD
  4. PUP (do not want)
  5. Color upgrade (do not want)
  6. AWD (do not want)
  7. 19” wheels (do not want)
  8. Performance/Ludicrous (do not want)
  9. SAS (?)
I’m only getting the first two, intially. FSD only if we finally get there in the end.

1. PUP
  2. Color
  3. EAP
The first two are must-haves for me. When I saw the all-glass roof in Reveal 1, I knew I had to have this. Somewhat disappointed it's not included in the base model, but willing to pay extra for it. Usually, I'm too cheap to opt for things such as leather(ish), upgraded sound system, fancy seat controls, etc. However, this time, I feel I can justify these creature comfort upgrades because they come bundled with the glass roof. As for the default black paint, I don't want my car looking dirty all the time since I'm not willing to spend a lot of time keeping it looking clean. That's aside from the fact that I'm not a fan of that color on cars.

I may be able to justify EAP down the line when the technology has matured more and I have the spare cash.

As for other options:
  • After retiring and the kids finishing college, I drive long distances very infrequently, so I don't need the LR battery upgrade.
  • While I can picture FSD being employed in fixed route applications, such as in trucking and public transportation, I'm not as sanguine about its near-term viability for passenger cars.
  • I'm not into fancy wheels. If I find the aero covers too distasteful for me, I'll just pop them off to reveal the perfectly acceptable rims underneath.
  • Don't need/want AWD or Performance. From the reviews I've read/watched so far, the RWD Model 3 will be a more than capable and exhilarating ride for me.

1. AWD - about to buy a house in the mountains where unsealed roads with steep grades are ubiquitous
2. SAS - approach angles to many driveways in the mountains are really sharp
2. LR - I want to be able to drive anywhere
3. EAP
4. FSD - I honestly struggle to see how Tesla will handle single lane unsealed roads - will the car reverse to the previous passing bay, to allow the oncoming car to pass? Will the car slow at known pothole locations & adjust the air suspension?

Does anyone know if the roof rack mounts will be on the standard roof or only on the premium upgrade?

Reactions: scottf200 and T34ME
1. PUP
2. LR Battery
3. EAP
4. AWD

SAS, Performance, 19" Wheels, Color Upgrade (do not want)

I would like to have AWD and some sort of accessory hitch/towing option, but will likely pull the trigger on the first three options alone. Only thing I'm disappointed about missing if I order early is the white interior. Was hoping it would start availability this fall as originally planned.

Reactions: T34ME and Pkmmte
LR battery needed for my daily commute
FSD (not likely to work when I get my car:( )
EAP since FSD is not going to work yet.
Paint thinking red but may go with dark gray.
PUP
AWD Still undecided if I am going to wait for AWD or not.
Trailer hitch

1. AWD - about to buy a house in the mountains where unsealed roads with steep grades are ubiquitous
2. SAS - approach angles to many driveways in the mountains are really sharp
2. LR - I want to be able to drive anywhere
3. EAP
4. FSD - I honestly struggle to see how Tesla will handle single lane unsealed roads - will the car reverse to the previous passing bay, to allow the oncoming car to pass? Will the car slow at known pothole locations & adjust the air suspension?

Does anyone know if the roof rack mounts will be on the standard roof or only on the premium upgrade?

Based on how they handle roof rack mounts on the S, only glass roof will have them. Just a guess based on precedent of course.

PUP
Color - Blue
White Interior if not in PUP
EAP - Upgraded at delivery
AWD - If they get rid of the tax credit
LR Battery - If they keep the tax credit and you need the LR upgrade to get the full credit.

PUP
Color - Blue
White Interior if not in PUP
EAP - Upgraded at delivery
AWD - If they get rid of the tax credit
LR Battery - If they keep the tax credit and you need the LR upgrade to get the full credit.

Like this list. Have the same thought on LR battery vs. AWD tied to the tax credit. Also thinking about the 19” wheels with this color combo. Teally eant to get a confirmation on the range penalty. Also maybe red or grey along with blue as color choices. If wait for AWD, wonder about availability of air suspension and whether FSD will have any capabilities by then. Interested in FSD, but not until it actually starts doing something; although, assuming full FSD is a ways off.

1. LR Battery
  2. PUP
  3. AWD
  4. probably EAP, on the fence for the time being
Might get a colour upgrade. Then again, might get the car wrapped, so probably black it will be.

Not interested in FSD, don't really care for Ludicrous, unsure about the wheels. 19'' is a bit too large for my liking, replacement costs will be higher than I would like, and 19'' winter tires are especially hard to come by (and expensive, i.e. double or even triple the price of 17'' or 18'' ones) as it is such an uncommon size for those (over here I might add).

And what is "SAS"? I can't find anything on the Model 3 pages at Tesla that would match such an acronym.

1. LR. That´s a must for any EV in my non sc-available region. Range and loading speed are the most important.
2. PUP if it gets modular. I really don`t want the glass roof.
4. EAP if it ever develops into something useful.
5. FSD if it ever develops into something useful.

Last edited: