Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Priority Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first Tesla was ordered a couple weeks ago, a Model Y Performance. I received a VIN within a couple days and an estimated delivery of May 1-8, but this morning my VIN was gone. I called and spoke with someone who looked into it and he said it appears it was possibly damaged in transit, maybe on the train, but he's not 100%. He is certain it was removed from my order and a 'Priority' replacement is in works and I should receive a new VIN in a couple hours.

My question is how does 'Priority' change things for me? Does it still go by rail, is it the next Model Y to roll of the Fremont factory? is it expedited shipping, or is it just a meaningless designation to make people feel better?

Thanks,
Fraelich

My "guess" is it injects your car order into the assembly line ahead of regular orders. Just gets it through the build process faster. I'm sure it still goes by rail and then likely truck to your delivery destination.

The shipping process is relatively quick anyway I think generally (a few days). Entering a new order can be a few weeks, so a priority order skips that line so I'm sure it does go faster.

Upvote 0
My first Tesla was ordered a couple weeks ago, a Model Y Performance. I received a VIN within a couple days and an estimated delivery of May 1-8, but this morning my VIN was gone. I called and spoke with someone who looked into it and he said it appears it was possibly damaged in transit, maybe on the train, but he's not 100%. He is certain it was removed from my order and a 'Priority' replacement is in works and I should receive a new VIN in a couple hours.

My question is how does 'Priority' change things for me? Does it still go by rail, is it the next Model Y to roll of the Fremont factory? is it expedited shipping, or is it just a meaningless designation to make people feel better?

Thanks,
Fraelich
Hmmm... this is something new. Please keep us posted. As new cars are made everyday and they will keep your registration number on priority than the regular orders.

Upvote 0