Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems going from FSD/EAP to AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the FSD package on my M3, but we have a M3 for work that I'll drive to a client site once a month or so. I know a few times I've instinctively expected it to slow down etc coming up to a red light/stop sign on AP etc.

I know there are quite a few of you on here that own multiple models and some have FSD, and some don't. I'm curious if anyone has ever accidently run a stop sign or anything like that?

....anyone has ever accidently run a stop sign or anything like that?

Life is not perfect so we need to adjust to a change in circumstances on short notice.

I usually expect regen and I was startled when the car had no regen when it's full or cold but I quickly adapted.

In the old days, Tesla would let me drive a Tesla loaner while mine in service. I turned on what I thought was Autopilot and expected it to react to the car in front but oh no! It didn't. I didn't look closely that it was just a dumb cruise with no Autopilot at all! So I had to quickly adapt to it.

Reactions: Microterf
Good observation. Your specific situation doesn't apply to me personally (I don't generally drive on surface streets with AP enabled), but when I've driven my wife's car on the highway, I have to seriously think for several moments whether her car's cruise control is "smart" or not and will slow down for the car ahead of me. I even have to consciously remember that after engaging cruise control I still have to steer the car myself!