TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Production and delivery

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jgreenman, Nov 4, 2015.

1. jgreenman

jgreenman New Member

What is th ebest way for me to track where my new "S" is in the production/delivery cycle?

The website only says "Order ConfirmedYour Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California."

2. autodidaddict

autodidaddict Member

Mine was in the production queue for about a week, then it was being built for another week before it changed to "in transit". I've looked around for other sources on this forum and so far it seems there is no hard, fast rule about how to track this stuff. The speed with which your car goes through the queue depends entirely upon what's in the queue at the moment and what's currently being built.

3. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Briefly put, log on to your My Tesla account a lot. I did that many times a day (and from what I've read on the forums, that's not unusual). :)

FWIW, here's a graphic showing how my order progressed:
    Order progression

4. Ronist

Ronist Member

my DS has access to more information than what's showing on the website.

5. jgreenman

jgreenman New Member

Website just changed my status to "In Production" The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

Model S 90D - Midnight Silver Metallic, Tan Next Generation Seats, Carbon Fiber Decor, Panoramin Roof, Premium Interior/Lighting, Ultra HiFidelity Sound

6. tanker5

tanker5 Member

autodidaddict -- how long did transit take for your car?? I noticed we are both in CT. Trying to get an idea of how long mine will take to get here. Mine has now been in production for 6 days.

7. autodidaddict

autodidaddict Member

It took, if I remember right, 8 business days from when the page said it was "in transit" until it told me the car was being prepped for my delivery at the store.

BTW - congratulations on the car!! I picked mine up yesterday and I still can't wipe the smile off my face.

8. tanker5

tanker5 Member

Great news!!