Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the Menlo Park store yesterday for the first time in a while. Things seem to be moving along there. Sig#28 was on the showroom floor and Sig#52 (sans drivetrain) was visible from the shop window. They perhaps had up to Sig#60 (glider) on the premises. That day a few cars left on a truck to get delivered to New York and Miami, and a some more gliders arrived.

2989880008_8d7479db98.jpg2989026485_29390d6a6e.jpg2989881756_97e400ba90.jpg

They certainly have a lot of cars to drive around:

2989028185_3248983e40.jpg

Production seems to be taking forever. My car is still many months away. :frown:

At least I got my license plates today (TESLA RS), I put them on my minivan for the time being. I could be wrong but it feels a little bit quicker now :biggrin:

First Two Drivetrain 1.5 Roadsters Delivered 10/31/08

I was quite surprised to learn that Tesla delivered the first two drivetrain 1.5 vehicles to customers yesterday (not counting P1, of course). I had been wondering why we hadn't heard from a single owner about the drivetrain 1.5 experience. That explains it.

Well they had said they'd switch to 1.5 after the first 42 or so cars, so that sounds about right. When I stopped by the MP store on Thursday, I was told the cars they were currently working on were getting the 1.5 drivetrain. It didn't occur to me to ask when they planned to do the 1.0 to 1.5 conversions.

It seems like some new VPs showed up with 1.5
I am guessing that that they decided to put the first few 1.5s in demo and press cars before moving on to customer cars.

I would like to know if anyone who has recently been to Menlo showroom can verify that #47 is on site and possibly post a photo. Living in Florida, I rely on the sporadic photos that appear on this thread for information. Been waiting 2+ years and agonized over color combination-radiant red with black/gray interior.

I would like to know if anyone who has recently been to Menlo showroom can verify that #47 is on site and possibly post a photo. Living in Florida, I rely on the sporadic photos that appear on this thread for information. Been waiting 2+ years and agonized over color combination-radiant red with black/gray interior.

Yeah, I would bet that it's there but doesn't have it's battery pack yet.

2989027035_f9ca2713b5.jpg
(click on the photo for a larger image)

The number on the windshield is the Signature #. You can plainly read off 52, 44, and 51 in this photo. Perhaps that's your car in the back on the left. I might have a chance to stop by there again in the next few days to take a better photo for you. Or maybe the folks at the store would be nice enough to do it. They realize how eager people are to get their cars. I can imagine the excitement, anticipation, and anxiety you must be feeling. I did see some odd seat color combinations, but black and grey sounds reasonable. Dark grey?

The number on the windshield is the Signature #. You can plainly read off 52, 44, and 51 in this photo. Perhaps that's your car in the back on the left.

I think doug is correct. If you click on the photo to look at the original (larger) picture on Flickr, and look at the Radiant Red car windshield (behind the Fusion Red on the upper left) you can clearly see that the number on that windshield ends in "7"... the partially obscured number before it certainly looks like it is a "4" as well, so I bet that is j-g's #47 car. Can't see too much of it except the trunk lid and the windshield, but it is pretty good evidence that it exists!

If you click on the photo to look at the original (larger) picture on Flickr, and look at the Radiant Red car windshield (behind the Fusion Red on the upper left) you can clearly see that the number on that windshield ends in "7"... the partially obscured number before it certainly looks like it is a "4" as well, so I bet that is j-g's #47 car.

For easy comparison:
2996651564_5f9257819d.jpg
2996651622_988b8e5aa9.jpg

So how many Founder's Series were there again ? The reason I ask is the numbering gets confusing. So have they delivered like 20 of the Sig 100 cars ? Which would explain why the numbers are in the 40's while the delivered are in the 40's as well.... CONFUSED !!!:confused: wouldn't the numbers be in the 30's .... Something sticks in my head there were 24 founder's series cars so that would be about 20 sig 100's delivered so why are the numbers in the plant in the 40's and 50's ....