Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4039908269_739a632bf7_b.jpg

VP27 has arrived safely in its new home.

I love this car!! :biggrin:

Given that we were at around 900 cars a couple of months back, have we passed 1000 yet? I find it a bit strange that nothing has been said on that topic for a while.

EDIT: Speak of the devil...

Tesla's Model S saloon - due to go into production in 2011 - was widely considered a front runner for the $5 million Mainstream category, not least because Tesla has already built and sold over 1000 electric Roadster sports cars.

Strange that milestone should pass and no one says a dickie bird.

Given that we were at around 900 cars a couple of months back, have we passed 1000 yet? I find it a bit strange that nothing has been said on that topic for a while.

EDIT: Speak of the devil...

Strange that milestone should pass and no one says a dickie bird.

Yes dpeilow but they didn't say delivered 1000 cars, only sold. I bet the 1000th delivery will be announced any day now. :redface:

Really? I'm 618 and took delivery exactly 4 months ago. So only 130 cars delivered in 4 months?

I got #670 on August 29, so that's 78 cars in 102 days if they're being delivered in serial number order, meaning that 40% of those 130 were delivered in the two weeks after Tdave's and it slowed way down after then.

As I understand it, once they switched to doing the European Roadsters, they focused on those exclusively for a while in the production run. So that might help explain why you see so few USA VINs in the past four months.
There might be 150-250 European VINs that were also produced in that time frame.

As I understand it, once they switched to doing the European Roadsters, they focused on those exclusively for a while in the production run. So that might help explain why you see so few USA VINs in the past four months.
There might be 150-250 European VINs that were also produced in that time frame.

At least 140. Number 140 of 250 (all signatures) was delivered to me the weekend before last. So far in Holland alone, there have been 7 deliveries or so.

Private or Corporate?

I would guess that most are in private hands. In Switzerland I have so far not seen a single Roadster used for corporate communications and there may have been around 20 deliveries. The next volley appears to be due in February. Some deliveries were postponed as demand in the US was strong and was given priority from late autumn. That relationship may be a bit different in Germany, where RWE and some others are using Tesla Roadsters for promoting their business.

Tesla delivered!

Hi everyone -

I'm pleased to say US Tesla #790 (Twilight Blue 2010 Roadster Sport) has arrive at its home. Picture attached!

Gotta go. This is no time to stand still by a computer.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 136
I would guess that most are in private hands.

Well, in Holland, there are at least two that are used for marketing purposes. Mine (although I bought it myself, I'm still using it for our business) and the one from Green Mobility (has been posted here before on the site, the white one with green stripes).

Another one for marketing purposes will be delivered in Feb. The others are probably privately owned.

It looks great but I thought all "Sport" models came with the black wheels. Can someone clarify?

The black wheels are an option for anyone.

The Sport model package for $19,500 has a default of the black wheels, but you can also get the silver forged alloy Tesla wheels.

Any Tesla owner gets the regular default wheels. If you want to upgrade you can pick the silver or black upgrade. They are both the same price.

With the Sport package, it is included.