Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

programming falcon wing door height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I've seen this asked before but I can't seem to find it. Is there a way to set up how high I want my falcon wing doors to raise based on my location? The FWD sensors are quite conservative and err on the side of caution when opening, but there is a good 6 or 7 inches the FWD's could still go up before hitting anything.

A location sensitive high limit would be very nice to have. Even though sensors stopped the FWD before it hit the garage ceiling every time I'm still kind of hesitate to do it. And to the hatch door too while at it. I want to be able to open it fully outside my garage. And I agree with aesculus nothing except manual move should override the sensor.

A location sensitive high limit would be very nice to have. Even though sensors stopped the FWD before it hit the garage ceiling every time I'm still kind of hesitate to do it. And to the hatch door too while at it. I want to be able to open it fully outside my garage. And I agree with aesculus nothing except manual move should override the sensor.

Careful. According to what I've read, the hatch isn't limited by the FWD overhead sensors, and will happily open into ceilings if given the chance. OTOH, it is easily programmed to an opening height (which AFAIK is not geofenced based on location.)

Maybe the new firmware promised will make the operation of the hatch and FW doors more consistent.

Careful. According to what I've read, the hatch isn't limited by the FWD overhead sensors, and will happily open into ceilings if given the chance. OTOH, it is easily programmed to an opening height (which AFAIK is not geofenced based on location.)

Maybe the new firmware promised will make the operation of the hatch and FW doors more consistent.

I know. What I meant is you an set the hatch open limit for inside the garage only but it will still open fully outside the garage. That's different than the FWD where sensors will still override the limit you set if they detect something.

Not yet but Elon said lots of new features will arrive in the OTA update next month
If I recall correctly, Elon said that he had some surprises coming. I didn't necessarily read that as a simple OTA update. If I understood it correctly, it's possible that there are hardware upgrades as well. Can't find the exact wording right now...

If I recall correctly, Elon said that he had some surprises coming. I didn't necessarily read that as a simple OTA update. If I understood it correctly, it's possible that there are hardware upgrades as well. Can't find the exact wording right now...

Hopefully 2nd row center console + disclosure that the battery provided is really a 100 and is accessible are at least two of the surprises. Vehicle can be programmed to open trunk at a certain height and taught to geo-change suspension height so you have to think it is technologically possible. My X is getting wrapped and coated for a few days.....can't wait to get it back!

Hopefully 2nd row center console + disclosure that the battery provided is really a 100 and is accessible are at least two of the surprises. Vehicle can be programmed to open trunk at a certain height and taught to geo-change suspension height so you have to think it is technologically possible. My X is getting wrapped and coated for a few days.....can't wait to get it back!

Don't forget the sunshade

• Funny
Reactions: madodel