Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project Better Place

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My point is that while BP is no alternative for you and me, I think there is a market for EV's for people who will not have easy access to chargers.

Just one point is worth making again: Better Place insist on the ability to home charge overnight. They just won't sell a car to street parking Tel Aviv residents at the moment. Battery switches are not seen as a normal way to get energy into the car: they are supplemental only on longer trips away from home.

Last edited:
I expected it to do that, but it is neat to see it in operation. Thanks.

I just saw that BP are starting a full scale network in NL now. Hope Spain happens soon :)

100M€ is indeed a large amount of money, and clearly Keith knows what he is saying when he says he can set up an EU-wide charging network for half that, but if people are willing to finance this it must either make financial sense or is being sold very well by Mr Agassi. Like David says, if it makes business sense then the charging network should make even more sense.

Another unintended negative of the BP model, encouraging unnecessary driving.

Wow, best you can think of?

No, displacement from other cars especially small local deliveries in place of my company's 6 year old diesel delivery van when moving 10 laptops or similar. I'd say big win. Also much lower use of wife's big 4x4. I've also taken many people to/from Jerusalem barely ever driving that run alone now.

Victorian takes hot seat at Israeli car company
...The announcement of Mr Agassi's departure fed speculation that the company's widening losses were the cause. According to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, the company has posted $477 million in cumulative losses since the beginning of 2010. The paper reported that Better Place has $181 million in cash reserves, which at the current rate of spending would last 4 1/2 quarters...