Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project Highland (Investor impact etc.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Just in case there was any doubt, you can clearly see the exact same lines between the one with cover and no cover

I think these are some comparison drawings based on the Project Highland leak of what the new M3 may look like? TBH, I'm not quite sure what these are, but it at least gives a pretty good idea of what that leaked M3 may look like fully unclothed. When I saw the leak, I was pretty apathetic to the new design, but these sketches IMO look great.

S/X interior coming to M3? This guy has 2000 followers so might be something in it.
Was already debunked. The photo is from Oct 22 and was found in a chinese forum. It's a dashboard from Model S/X or an early version of it.

I also personally don't think it makes sense to make the 3 so extremely similar to the S/X due to the exclusive image of more premium models.

Last edited:
Tesla China denied the rumor on social media today. Note that the rumor was 'pilot production' to begin in June, and what Tesla denied was 'production to begin in June'. The two are not mutually exclusive... ;)

I expect to see the new $1K powertrain (w. new low-cost motors, possibly with cast AL rotors; new inverters with less SiC). It's also possible Highland could include the 48V low-voltage architecture, allowing automated assembly/installation of the wiring harness. I also expect to see 'Highland' go into production nearly simultaneously at Fremont and Shanghai.

I don't think we'll see a significant change in the paint process (as teased by Tom Zhu for NextGen at Giga Monterrey). I am also quite sure we won't see the structure of the car changed significantly to allow the final GA step to be the joining of large, mostly complete modules. I think for now that GA will continue on a linear assembly line. But this will be the last iteration for that process. It's "unboxing the future" from here on out!

Cheers!