Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Promised free year of super charging—>nada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

Tesla offered me a year of free super charging when I agreed to take delivery of my m3 on September 29th.

The long story is that i was scheduled to take delivery on 9/23. They called me and said they would not be able to make the date and wanted to reschedule me for 10/2 instead. 3 days after that I received another call trying to get me to take delivery on 9/27. I explained their was no way we could make it their on 9/26. The response was that I would get a free year of super charging if we took delivery in September. I explained again that we could not make 9/27 , but could do Saturday for which they quickly agreed.

We have not had a need to super charge so I only found out last weekend that they never gave me free supercharging.

I reached out to both support as well as one of the email addresses asking them about my promised perk. Support responded saying that never would have been offered to me and I must contact my inside advisor if I thought anything was owed to me.

The person who offered it to me was a temp and is gone. The person who took over her email won’t respond to me now.

Suggestions?

Hi everyone.

Tesla offered me a year of free super charging when I agreed to take delivery of my m3 on September 29th.

The long story is that i was scheduled to take delivery on 9/23. They called me and said they would not be able to make the date and wanted to reschedule me for 10/2 instead. 3 days after that I received another call trying to get me to take delivery on 9/27. I explained their was no way we could make it their on 9/26. The response was that I would get a free year of super charging if we took delivery in September. I explained again that we could not make 9/27 , but could do Saturday for which they quickly agreed.

We have not had a need to super charge so I only found out last weekend that they never gave me free supercharging.

I reached out to both support as well as one of the email addresses asking them about my promised perk. Support responded saying that never would have been offered to me and I must contact my inside advisor if I thought anything was owed to me.

The person who offered it to me was a temp and is gone. The person who took over her email won’t respond to me now.

Suggestions?

Did you get that in writing?

Wow you “had” free super charging and you haven’t used it? Not even tried it till now?

If I had it. I would have been solely supercharing and hogging those chargers like a plague.

Ya. Nothing you can do. At the rate you’re using it. You won’t get more than $50 worth.

If you do have it in writing, they might start the one year count from now. I had 6mo of free supercharging but it was never set up on my account until I called nearly a month after delivery and they started the 6mo from then.

Hi everyone.

Suggestions?

Why do you want free supercharging? You never use it.

Also...you have the opportunity to go to 3 different Tesla Stores here in Chicago. Have you ever gone there?

This may be obvious but have you actually tried to supercharge? Some people have had pay per use or even free supercharging until xxx date only to find they still got free supercharging and never got billed. Not sure if you fall into this category. Worse case scenario you pay a couple bucks but at least you’ll be sure you don’t have the same issue....

I ordered my X in September just before the free Supercharging with referral deadline, which wasn't going to be delivered until December.

When I got the card, I found out that free Supercharging was not enabled. Customer service referred me to the sales rep. Sales rep had left Tesla referred to someone else, who referred me back to a different part of Tesla HQ.

In the end, free Supercharging was enabled, and I love it! I think they will make you whole.

But why did you wait for so long? I searched out a Supercharger on day 1 just to try it out, even though I had a charger installed at home.

giphy.gif

The Supercharging would appear in your Tesla online account under your vehicle details (listed on the right side). People who buy their car with a SC incentive should check this out after delivery and follow up right away.

No fun trying to get it established after the fact though. Sorry OP you are faced with this.