Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Protective film on Model 3 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They quoted me $7,700 for a full M3 wrap, which seems like more than a 10% premium. I agree they do good work.
WOW! California prices are WAY higher than here in the sunny south. A bunch of folks in Atlanta got together and negotiated a discount with a local company. $2800 for a FULL wrap with Expel Ultimate. My wife's 3 was the first one they did and we are very happy with it. Especially the price! Here's a photo taken the day we picked up the car at their shop.
IMG_3701.jpg

WOW! California prices are WAY higher than here in the sunny south. A bunch of folks in Atlanta got together and negotiated a discount with a local company. $2800 for a FULL wrap with Expel Ultimate. My wife's 3 was the first one they did and we are very happy with it. Especially the price! Here's a photo taken the day we picked up the car at their shop. View attachment 280203
Pls pass along the name of the shop and your point of contact...I'd like to ride those $2800 coattails!

WOW! California prices are WAY higher than here in the sunny south. A bunch of folks in Atlanta got together and negotiated a discount with a local company. $2800 for a FULL wrap with Expel Ultimate. My wife's 3 was the first one they did and we are very happy with it. Especially the price! Here's a photo taken the day we picked up the car at their shop. View attachment 280203

I ended up finding an excellent installer Sacramento who did a 90% wrap and full window tint for $4,100. Happy.

I am not considering full xcel wrap due to costs....but for $2,800 I would!

Anyone in Southern California ever considered a group buy? How low could we go?

Call Crystal Shield, in LB (Norbert). He is a perfectionist, which is exactly what is needed AND very very reasonable compared to the prices being discussed on this forum. He did my MS. I will have him do my M3 on delivery and I also had him do 2 other vehicles. It will take all day.

I was thinking of DIY this

2018 Tesla Model 3 3M Scotchgard Pro Series Clear Bra Paint Protection Film Deluxe Kit

With Xpel ultimate, hood wrap, install kit, etc. <$500 for everything and they have pre cut around sensors/etc for Model 3
I am planning on diy this. I have done similar to my wife’s MS and bmw and they came out ok. It will take a few hours. It’s just a protection and doesn’t have to be perfect. I don’t expect to own this car for more than 5 years and can not justify spending 10% on something that I probably won’t recoup. I rather spend that money toward some snazzy wheels and suspension upgrades.