Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is this topic in the Model S forum? Presumably it just got moved by the newly zealous moderators. Can someone move it back to the Model 3 forum? And then, I guess, delete this upper portion of this post, or delete this post entirely?

For this issue:

Fix

Fix details

Moved to the Model 3 forum by this "newly zealous moderator". :D

Bruce.

I just had this taken care of at the Rochester SC, no questions asked. They loosened the bot and adjusted the panel and added some touch up paint. Big plus though, they also took care of a few spots of ghosting in the paint. I had noticed them over the summer when I washed it, but figured at this point, I was on the hook for it, because I didn't notice it @ delivery in the spring. I hadn't even asked for them to take care of it, so kudos to them!

I just had this taken care of at the Rochester SC, no questions asked. They loosened the bot and adjusted the panel and added some touch up paint. Big plus though, they also took care of a few spots of ghosting in the paint. I had noticed them over the summer when I washed it, but figured at this point, I was on the hook for it, because I didn't notice it @ delivery in the spring. I hadn't even asked for them to take care of it, so kudos to them!
What do you mean by "ghosting" in the paint?

See photo below. I've seen a number of other folks on TMC report similar ghosting in the paint from the factory. Mine wasn't as extreme as below, but there was some pretty clear ghosting the front fenders, where they are concave, and on the rear fenders where it meets the trunk line. Both spots were concave, so the person using the buffer needs some more practice with those angles. This isn't Tesla specific either, the Nissan Leaf I had before this has some ghosting in the paint as well, but it was a leaf, who cares.

vette595.jpg