Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Public Charger Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I was wondering if I hit "stop charging" on the Tesla app, will I still get billed for being plugged into a public charger?

For example, if I use a public charger that charges $1 per hour of charging, if I hit "stop charging" will I continue to be billed for $1 an hour?

Thanks!

Please move your car and let someone else use the charger.

BTW, I noticed a guy sitting behind a podium at the very busy San Juan Capistrano Supercharger this weekend. Anyone know what he was doing?

Some public chargers will charge you a connect fee but in general I have found that destination chargers (like those you find at hotels) do not do that. If I am charging at a public charger for any length of time, I leave a plaque visible through the windshield with my cell phone number telling them to call me if they have an urgent need and identifying the time I plan to return.

Totally agree. I do move my car as soon as I'm done charging. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of how public chargers work.

He is the concierge. He keeps track of your place in line at busy SCs, helps you into your space and sometimes even plugs you in. I've seen them at Fountain Valley and San Mateo.