Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puddle Lights....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am seeing plenty of YT videos and ads online for Puddle lights (door lights) for the model 3, which I think would be quite cool as I never had them in my previous cars...

however most of the videos I’ve seen are in LR and P models... but I am waiting for a SR+....

I have a few questions:
- are there ANY puddle lights in the M3? (Any spec..)
- are there “spaces” and connection to install after market puddle lights in the SR+? (Without me needing to make holes :confused:)

are there any interior/ambient lighting in the car? Other than the two “reading lights” for the rear row? o_O And if there are any... how do they change between specs? (I.e. between SR+ and LR/P)

Thank you in advance!

Um.. Model 3s have puddle lights, they all do. They are just regular bulbs though, not a logo or anything like that (which some people change them to).

SR+s don't have footwell lights. Or at least - in typical Tesla fashion - they are there but software locked.

EDIT: I realise I'm disagreeing with an actual owner - but I've watched lots of YT videos about it and none of them mention puddle lights being absent.

Yes, AFAIK all Model 3s have puddle lights. I swapped mine for Tesla logo lights soon after delivery:

B350ECDD-8067-44DF-801F-99F2003261E7.jpeg

Thanks guys.
I was looking to know if they had any puddle lights whatsoever.

I know the logo ones are non OEM, and I was about to buy some, but before doing so, needed to ensure I had where to put them! (I.e. if there was anything to swap!)

Also.. did anyone try to put ambient lighting like coloured LED? (DIY)
how hard is it?

Also.. did anyone try to put ambient lighting like coloured LED? (DIY)
how hard is it?

I swapped my footwell lights out for blue ones (but I think SR+ does not have these enabled). I think it's an improvement.

Bright white bulbs for the boot and glove compartment are well worth it too.

Mostly pretty easy to fit. Boot lights have a plastic thing holding them in place which is a bit fiddly, glove compartment felt like I was going to break something. Puddle lights were barely any effort, just the wires can be very short so you don't have much room to manoeuvre when installing them.

• Informative
Reactions: Blueskye
Um.. Model 3s have puddle lights, they all do. They are just regular bulbs though, not a logo or anything like that (which some people change them to).

SR+s don't have footwell lights. Or at least - in typical Tesla fashion - they are there but software locked.

EDIT: I realise I'm disagreeing with an actual owner - but I've watched lots of YT videos about it and none of them mention puddle lights being absent.
Seeing the same on YT , no footwell lighting for SR+ from what I can see (doesn’t matter to me personally) but puddle lights would be cool even if they just are there IMO

Seeing the same on YT , no footwell lighting for SR+ from what I can see (doesn’t matter to me personally) but puddle lights would be cool even if they just are there IMO

Unless things have changed recently the SR+ always had puddle lights. Swapping them out for Tesla T "bat signal" projection versions is cheap and fun. The footwell lights very briefly flash on and off as you open the car so they do exist (at least on my 2019 car) ... however, they do not remain on! That's why people report them as being software inactivated.