Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PUP no long comes with Alcantara Headliner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I am running into a problem and I cannot find any discussion on this topic.

I placed my order early October and during that time, Tesla design page allows you to add PUP and leather seats independently, meaning you can add PUP without leather seat and get alcantara headliner as part of the PUP.

about 2 days before my order was confirmed, I tired to add PUP without leather seats, and the system forces me to add leather seat. that means you can't add PUP without leather seat.

My order was confirmed without PUP and leather seat, and 2 days after, the design page changed again. you can add PUP without leather seat but this time they removed alcantara headliner from the PUP option. Now the alcantara is part of the leather seat option.

I told my DS that this is not fair, you guys locked the PUP option on me before I confirm my order. My DS told me they will help me to add PUP back, so after over a month, PUP finally got added to my specs but I don't get Alcantara headliner. I am very frustrated with this situation.

Tesla changes options almost weekly. I ran into a similar situation with PUP on my Model S with the leather interior surfaces. Midway though my purchasing process Tesla changed the PUP to only include the upgraded interior surfaces if you also purchased leather seats. I was originally going to get the cloth seats with the PUP but I ended up going with leather seats so I could get the upgraded interior surfaces also.

I told my DS that this is not fair, you guys locked the PUP option on me before I confirm my order. My DS told me they will help me to add PUP back, so after over a month, PUP finally got added to my specs but I don't get Alcantara headliner. I am very frustrated with this situation.
Did you call Tesla back and tell them you want Alcantara too? Or are you expecting them to read this forum and figure out what you want?

• Disagree
Reactions: X Fan
It is what it is. It was always odd to tie the headliner to the PUP. I think the options make more sense now. I originally wanted a dark headliner with tan seats, but now I can't. Oh well. In the end, I think it's better with the light headliner anyway as it really helps it not feel like a cave.