Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing Used Model S Out Of State

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was so kind of Rockster to go check out the car for me. He went out of his way to help me.
He sent me a ton of pictures along with detailed description of everything he noticed.
Thank you. Really appreciate your help.
I am glad I joined the community where people are trying to help each other selflessly.

BTW, In this process I also learned that the dealer is also part of this forum and following this thread.

Update:
While I was still contemplating on this purchase, the car was sold to another customer.
I will never know if I missed a good deal or avoided a bad purchase. But I have to say that the dealer seemed very genuine. He patiently answered all my questions and sent me lot of details.

Luckily, I found similar vehicle in my state (200 miles away from my place). I drove there to see the car in person, loved it and purchased it right away.

Reactions: Don TLR
I can echo what umamahesh said. This wasn't a smarmy dealer who happened to get a single Tesla and was trying to unload it. These folks very clearly know Teslas and specialize in selling them. In fact, I didn't see any vehicle except Teslas in their expansive, indoor facility. According to the gentleman with whom I spoke, they get a lot of trade-ins and lease returns directly from Tesla. This makes perfect sense to me because Tesla can't sell to the public in Texas. If they get a lease return or a trade-in in Texas, it seems obvious that they would rather sell it to a dealer here than to first ship it out of Texas in order to sell it.

When I visited to look at the S on behalf of umamahesh, the folks there were friendly, accommodating, and absolutely zero pressure.

Having heard all the horror stories online about buying a CPO from Tesla, I think I would rather buy from these guys if I was interested in a used Tesla. Now that I know they're there, I'll put them on the top of my list to recommend as a source for used Teslas in north Texas.

And, umam, I'm glad you got a Tesla. You're going to love it.

I can echo what umamahesh said. This wasn't a smarmy dealer who happened to get a single Tesla and was trying to unload it. These folks very clearly know Teslas and specialize in selling them. In fact, I didn't see any vehicle except Teslas in their expansive, indoor facility. According to the gentleman with whom I spoke, they get a lot of trade-ins and lease returns directly from Tesla. This makes perfect sense to me because Tesla can't sell to the public in Texas. If they get a lease return or a trade-in in Texas, it seems obvious that they would rather sell it to a dealer here than to first ship it out of Texas in order to sell it.

When I visited to look at the S on behalf of umamahesh, the folks there were friendly, accommodating, and absolutely zero pressure.

Having heard all the horror stories online about buying a CPO from Tesla, I think I would rather buy from these guys if I was interested in a used Tesla. Now that I know they're there, I'll put them on the top of my list to recommend as a source for used Teslas in north Texas.

And, umam, I'm glad you got a Tesla. You're going to love it.

Then I am glad you posted that.
I’d suggest they join their local BBB. I don’t know about others but I do check BBB listings for businesses.

Updating my very first thread.
Its been 3 weeks since i purchased the car. Paint correction, Ceramic coating, power coated wheels and painted calipers.
Loving it so far.

Attachments

• 20190715_184153.jpg
    20190715_184153.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 59