Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pure Flow Air- HEPA replacement- Reviews of this company?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed the in cabin filter with Tesla service. It was dirty which means the HEPA needs to be changed. $450 with Tesla. I can buy one from Pure Flow Air $70 and install myself. I know people have done it and used this company’s HEPA filters. Any updated reviews?

I need to replace my filters soon also. The PureFlow seems a good product replacement, but one comment I found seems pertinent, "Much thinner than the OEM. Should have spent more on a thicker one because labor is the same."

I will probably go with the Tesla one. I think your Tesla estimate includes installation. I got a lower quote from Tesla for both filters including installation.

I need to replace my filters soon also. The PureFlow seems a good product replacement, but one comment I found seems pertinent, "Much thinner than the OEM. Should have spent more on a thicker one because labor is the same."

I will probably go with the Tesla one. I think your Tesla estimate includes installation. I got a lower quote from Tesla for both filters including installation.
Yes I saw that review. There is also a company called ohmmu

yes I saw that review about it being thin. There’s another company called ohmmu and they’re thicker 2 inches versus Pureflow at 1.66.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I saw that review about it being thin. There’s another company called ohmmu and they’re thicker 2 inches versus Pureflow at 1.66.
The $450 does include installation, but that seems a lot. Oddly, 3 weeks ago Tesla Quoted me $350 and yesterday $450!

In the grand scheme of things, if it last 3 years, and we use Ohmmu's at $150+, and have to change them out every 2 years probably makes sense to just go with Tesla's for a few extra bucks.

HEPA filters from Tesla are of good quality and offer good value.

I saw that review about it being thin. There’s another company called ohmmu and they’re thicker 2 inches versus Pureflow at 1.66.
The $450 does include installation, but that seems a lot. Oddly, 3 weeks ago Tesla Quoted me $350 and yesterday $450!

In the grand scheme of things, if it last 3 years, and we use Ohmmu's at $150+, and have to change them out every 2 years probably makes sense to just go with Tesla's for a few extra bucks.

Reactions: DerbyDave
At $450 is pricey...
Is that really what they cost? IIRC they used to be $220-$250 from tesla. I just took a peak at the EPC and now see the filter (with the plastic piece) listed at $295.

You can see the process to "cut out" and glue in a new filter here in another vendor's video if you do go the 3rd party route.. it's kind of a pain:

Is that really what they cost? IIRC they used to be $220-$250 from tesla. I just took a peak at the EPC and now see the filter (with the plastic piece) listed at $295.

You can see the process to "cut out" and glue in a new filter here in another vendor's video if you do go the 3rd party route.. it's kind of a pain:

I am not seeing a price. Do you have the link to the price list? On the Tesla app it is $425 + Taxes. Yeah it is a pain the first time, but after that not a problem.

I am not seeing a price. Do you have the link to the price list? On the Tesla app it is $425 + Taxes. Yeah it is a pain the first time, but after that not a problem.
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 3.09.29 PM.png

Maybe the $425 price includes labor? Or is the cost of the "Bioweapon defense" upgrade that adds this filter + a button to the UI? [edit] Yes, that looks right. $425 is the cost to do the bioweapon upgrade if your car didn't come with it from the factory. It includes doing a gateway config change to add the button to the UI (which is a bit pointless, but hey!) https://shop.tesla.com/product/2012-2020-_-model-s-hepa-air-filtration-upgrade replacing just the filter is less; looks to be $295 at the moment including labor.[/edit]

If you DIY'd yours, did you glue the new filter in? Or just live with some air leakage? Some of the 3rd part ones do seem to add a foam/rubber gasket around the edge that probably helps a fair bit if you don't glue it in.

Last edited:
View attachment 1040503

Maybe the $425 price includes labor? Or is the cost of the "Bioweapon defense" upgrade that adds this filter + a button to the UI? [edit] Yes, that looks right. $425 is the cost to do the bioweapon upgrade if your car didn't come with it from the factory. It includes doing a gateway config change to add the button to the UI (which is a bit pointless, but hey!) https://shop.tesla.com/product/2012-2020-_-model-s-hepa-air-filtration-upgrade replacing just the filter is less; looks to be $295 at the moment including labor.[/edit]

If you DIY'd yours, did you glue the new filter in? Or just live with some air leakage? Some of the 3rd part ones do seem to add a foam/rubber gasket around the edge that probably helps a fair bit if you don't glue it in.
My car doesn’t need the upgrade. It came with the Bioweapon. I hope that’s the case to change just the filter!

I’ve seen different people do different things to insulate. Put foam double sided tape. The company ohmmu supposedly comes with foam around it.