Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pure speculation: What will the CPO X market look like in 2.5 years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently there are much less Model X CPOs than that of S.
Most of them are P90D, only 1 90D.
That 90D is $94,500
2016/06, 568 miles
Located in Seattle you need to pay $2000 shipping and $1200 delivery to SF. Still expensive in my opinion.

If in 30 months the price could become $70000 to $75000 than it is more worth the wait. Do you think that is possible?

I am on the edge of deciding whether to lease a eGolf for $7200 for 30 months and get a CPO after that. CA $2500 rebate may apply.

My order of X was a 100D with Ultra white and subzero and 6 sitter. $114000 (delivery $1200) included. Tax incentive not included.

I guess if I was trying to gauge the CPO market for X's in a few years, I would pull some historical data from ev-cpo on the S and compare how the prices have dropped since the program started. Its not the same car, but its the only data you really have to work with for guesstimates.

You could also look at the few historical X CPO sales so far to see what they have been doing.

2 1/2 years from now there will be more manufacture producing more electric cars. Audi, MBenz, Jaguar are just a few to name. According to some of the deals that I've seen on Swaplease(dot)com the buy out price for a p90d with options around 110k has a buyout of 60k after 3 years.

I think the CPO market prices will be closer to the Model S which is about a 50% deprecation over 3 years.

that will be great, I am also considering the cpo to replace my wife's MDX in 2019. For the efficiency, is it correct that Model S is only 9% more efficient than Model X in term of watts per miles (the 9% is based on Tesla stated miles for 75D for both models). If this is correct, MX is pretty good for an SUV (u like ICE SUV which is gas guzzler)

• Helpful
Reactions: Xminus6
Currently there are much less Model X CPOs than that of S.
Most of them are P90D, only 1 90D.
That 90D is $94,500
2016/06, 568 miles
Located in Seattle you need to pay $2000 shipping and $1200 delivery to SF. Still expensive in my opinion.

If in 30 months the price could become $70000 to $75000 than it is more worth the wait. Do you think that is possible?

I am on the edge of deciding whether to lease a eGolf for $7200 for 30 months and get a CPO after that. CA $2500 rebate may apply.

My order of X was a 100D with Ultra white and subzero and 6 sitter. $114000 (delivery $1200) included. Tax incentive not included.
I personally think the market for a used X is going to be lower than that. With the recent changes in tech and the more than likely change for interior by that time, the current ones are going to be a lot cheaper due to less value.

Does it have to be a CPO or a 90D specifically? I would think you should be able to get a used 60/75D in the $75-80k range now.

For the efficiency, is it correct that Model S is only 9% more efficient than Model X in term of watts per miles (the 9% is based on Tesla stated miles for 75D for both models).

It will depend on your driving style. The rated consumption (wh/mi) is 12% higher (320wh/mi vs 285wh/mi)for the X than the S. Using a 60D/75D comparison.

What we find is if you're getting an S you could step down to a 60 instead of a 75. Our MX 75D @ 90% gets 210 mi of range, and not recommended to charge to 100% unless right before a trip. Our 60D MS can be left at 100% since it uses a 75 battery and is rated for 218 mi @ 100%.

As for actual consumption, our X gets ~385wh/mi in warmer weather and gets ~450wh/mi in colder. Our S gets 300wh/mi in warm weather and 375wh/mi in colder weather. Or pretty consistently 20% more.

• Informative
Reactions: Blup85
Thanks for the input, I think 20% less efficient on MX is reasonable considering the weight and shape of the car. My current Fiat 500e is using about 280wh/miles, about 33% more efficient than MS, which makes sense considering Fiat only the size of half of a car