Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PWM signal to Condenser Fan Control Module - 1 out of 2 Fans going 100% speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hehe, no it doesnt..

But Ill check that Thermal Controller, just havent heard of anyone with a faulty Thermal controller before..

So If the wire is good..

I would say the problem could be 2 things:
1. Faulty Thermal controller, eventhough I havent heard about that before?
2. Something else in the “system” reporting another fault that makes the Thermal Controller go full speed on the left fan (Which would be strange when the 2 fans are supposed to always go with the same speed) - so that would maybe make number 1 most likely 🤞

But Ill check that Thermal Controller, just havent heard of anyone with a faulty Thermal controller before..

Here is one person that had theirs replaced:

And another one:

The MCU was no the problem for the AC:
Update:
They diagnosed a bad Thermal Controller Module ($430) and replaced it. (Although they said this was an unusual problem, they had one in stock.) After that was replaced they were getting errors from the Thermal expansion valve ($70) and replaced it. They also said the LH Front Fascia Active Louver ($260) was not opening and closing properly and replaced that as well.
They offered to replace the compressor, which they thought "sounded funny". They said there was no debris in the coolant and it is cooling well, so I saw no reason to replace it yet.

But, the MCU1/HW3 combination still sucks.

Here is one person that had theirs replaced:

And another one:
Thanks 👍..

So I might not be the only one. Funny how much these louvers (centers and fronts) are starting to fail. I already replaced the 2 to my center radiator and front left.

Looks like their symptoms are “hot air”. However they are a little different, so lets see If it isnt just that Thermal controller.

Thanks 👍..

So I might not be the only one. Funny how much these louvers (centers and fronts) are starting to fail. I already replaced the 2 to my center radiator and front left.

Looks like their symptoms are “hot air”. However they are a little different, so lets see If it isnt just that Thermal controller.
Hi, did you reach thermal controller or may be solve this problem?