Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 2013 Results - Expectations and Projection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear fellow investors,

do you realize that Elon can't possibly report new guidance (due to record sales in q2) before that petition for direct car sales has reached at least 100k? ;-)

Please sign that petition!

thanks a lot!

This might be asked before. But when is Tesla due to report Q2 earning?

from
Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA) Earnings Report Date - NASDAQ.com

TSLA Earnings Date

Earnings announcement for TSLA: Jul 24, 2013

Tesla Motors, Inc. is expected* to report earnings on 07/24/2013. The report will be for the fiscal Quarter ending Jun 2013.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/earnings/report/tsla#ixzz2YeER60tW

However the Q1 was reported on May,6. Why it is not close to 3 months interval for Q2 to report?

Not sure why, but it is likely to be July 22 or 24 (Nasdaq vs. Yahoo est.). In the past quarters, TSLA has issued a press release 9-14 days out. Anyone, besides me, have a suspicion that Elon could potentially tweet something this weekend in conjunction with Teslive about revising earnings up based on higher deliveries/no EU production til Q3 and then issue a press release on Monday announcing earnings release?

Not sure why, but it is likely to be July 22 or 24 (Nasdaq vs. Yahoo est.). In the past quarters, TSLA has issued a press release 9-14 days out. Anyone, besides me, have a suspicion that Elon could potentially tweet something this weekend in conjunction with Teslive about revising earnings up based on higher deliveries/no EU production til Q3 and then issue a press release on Monday announcing earnings release?

I doubt they'll announce anything until the earnings call. I thought they might on July 1st but it didn't happen like Q1.

Last edited:
Anyone, besides me, have a suspicion that Elon could potentially tweet something this weekend in conjunction with Teslive about revising earnings up based on higher deliveries/no EU production til Q3 and then issue a press release on Monday announcing earnings release?

Nothing's impossible, but given Kimbal Musk sold stock on july 3rd, I think it's unlikely Tesla had material information to relay to investors regarding June 30 results that couldn't wait until the normal earnings release.

IMO

Nothing's impossible, but given Kimbal Musk sold stock on july 3rd, I think it's unlikely Tesla had material information to relay to investors regarding June 30 results that couldn't wait until the normal earnings release.

IMO

Just realize that Kimbal sold less than 2.5 % of his shares. To me, thats irrelevant and wouldn't wager anything on it. He probably just wanted to throw a party :)

Just realize that Kimbal sold less than 2.5 % of his shares. To me, thats irrelevant and wouldn't wager anything on it. He probably just wanted to throw a party :)

I refer to insider prohibition from trading while in possession of material nonpublic information. The amount is not informative, but the fact that he was not restricted from trading activity is probably informative.

Number of cars completed important but even more important is the margin increase. Last qtr the reported margin was average through the qtr with musk stating margin toward the end better than the start of the qtr. now from today's interview more cars made WITH SAME NUMBEROF MANHOURS as previous qtr. with increase number of cars made probably better discounts and costs of each car less with less MANHOURS per car. Would be shocked if margin increase very large. That and intention to increase rate of production higher will be the driving force of stock price after the report

image.jpg

Looks promising, we might get the Q2 date today.