Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most impressive. Also it made me look at the stats in the car versus the stats in Tessie. Most of the 2.5k miles have been at motorway speeds…

B9566F07-5BB6-41F7-BF3F-C64C1CBC1B9B.jpeg

Given I know I have a lead weight for a right foot, I’m nothing short of amazed about that 277Wh/mi figure. SWMBO’s foot is even heavier and that’s with both of us driving the Tesla.

Regardless though, my metaphorical cap is doffed at your figures sir.

Those in the UK, how are you finding parking with the one pedal settings set to hold? Is it harder given our parking bays aren't very big? I'd be OK with hold most of the time, but for parking, I think I might prefer creep
I use the brakes a lot more for parking given smaller bays. Also does anyone else have much luck with auto park? Seems to not be very good at detecting parking spots in (tight) London roads

Reactions: Kingpopsy and MS88
Those in the UK, how are you finding parking with the one pedal settings set to hold? Is it harder given our parking bays aren't very big? I'd be OK with hold most of the time, but for parking, I think I might prefer creep
Interesting question. I have not really noticed any issues with parking on Hold.
However, I have been lucky with parking places so far, a free space either side when I have parked. If you use creep for parking it will become the default which is OK as long as you remember to change modes before parking and then back again. The day you forget might produce interesting results😱.
A little bit analogous to learning to drive in an automatic....?

Maybe try to practice in Hold in a low risk location.

I find the regenerative breaking a total joy.
However, I do worry about being rear ended and must check if the break lights really do come when I lift.

Now then..... SWMBO is not too keen on following me around in the 500 and being break tested..... can't imagine why🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: MS88
I switched to creep and have found manoeuvring much smoother, especially on uneven ground or enclosed spaces. Regen is still as strong during most driving, it just doesn’t come to a complete stop, however a second press of the brake once the can stops and and the hold feature activates so you don’t have to sit there with a foot on the brake at junctions and traffic lights etc.

I switched to creep and have found manoeuvring much smoother, especially on uneven ground or enclosed spaces. Regen is still as strong during most driving, it just doesn’t come to a complete stop, however a second press of the brake once the can stops and and the hold feature activates so you don’t have to sit there with a foot on the brake at junctions and traffic lights etc.
Oh so if 90% of my driving is on a motorway, for example, I wouldn’t notice any difference in regen and economy. Interesting

I'm finding it a doddle. I have gone full one pedal everywhere, and can't see me ever going back.

The relatively crummy turning circle of the Model Y is a much bigger pain than parking with one pedal in my opinion.

The relatively crummy turning circle of the Model Y is a much bigger pain than parking with one pedal in my opinion.
This was one of the two things that really stuck out for me during the test drive. The turning circle and the rear visibility (I was already used to one-pedal driving from numerous other test drives in the Model 3). I was watching a delivery video on YouTube of an Australian MY RWD, it appeared to me at least that the turning lock was much more than what it is in the MYLR. The lack of front motor probably has something with it (and this is just my untrained eye speaking).

How is it to live with day to day? Get used to it?