Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Q2 fam - you cut me loose but I got a hidden VIN today so could have the car in the next 3-4 weeks!

I just wanted to say that I vouch for Ala gap insurance who paid out when I had a car stolen.
‘Return to invoice’ gives you the gap between the insurance payout (their market value) and the invoice amount.
No haggles, just several thousand to go towards a replacement vehicle (and allows you to buy the same spec new again).

Hey Q2 fam - you cut me loose but I got a hidden VIN today so could have the car in the next 3-4 weeks!

I just wanted to say that I vouch for Ala gap insurance who paid out when I had a car stolen.
‘Return to invoice’ gives you the gap between the insurance payout (their market value) and the invoice amount.
No haggles, just several thousand to go towards a replacement vehicle (and allows you to buy the same spec new again).
Congrats on your vin 👍
I can still get the 'return to invoice', it's the return to invoice + I wanted. That takes into account the future price rises in the car

Thank you very much for the reminder your Maj I had quite forgotten. It will be a first time for me too.😀
Congrats on your vin 👍
I can still get the 'return to invoice', it's the return to invoice + I wanted. That takes into account the future price rises in the car
Hey Maj.

Again, many thanks for the timely advice for ALA GAP Insurance.

I have had a lot going on of late and would surely have not thought about it for a couple of weeks.
It is ironic that you, whilst being thoughtful for us, missed the + part for yourself.

I have just purchase + with 1,368miles on Lizzie's clock. It would have been too high even now but for the above mentioned "lot going on".

I also went for the £750 cover towards excess payment for any claim on my Admiral policy.

Total cost for both items, with your kindly provided discount code, £484.86 for 4 years of + and 3 years of excess cover. 28p a day for 4 years of + and 7p a day for 3 years of excess cover seems the right thing to do.

If this destructive inflation spiral continues it will, perforce new car price rises, mean our cars should depreciate little, but the GAP, in that unthinkable event, could still be considerable.

Now then.... SWMBO says. " I wish the Royal Popsies all the best and may they never have to claim on their GAP Insurance (which I thought at first was a means of preventing Wattsisname from shopping there or providing compensation if he does)
or indeed have to claim on any insurance - be safe Majes"

Reactions: Kingpopsy
Well, I've been on the phone to ALA, the policy I was going to get, which is vehicle replacement plus, this takes into account any price increases on the model you have(in our case £3k price rise). But, you can only take that offer, in the first 60 days and less than 1500 miles on the car! Bugger, I've done 2000. So I can still get it, but it will now cost £300 more 😭. There are other options, but they will only give you the market value of the car, including finance, not a new car.
🥲

Hi guy's, I hope you are all good, Just reporting in to say my Tesla Model Y is performing beautiful with zero issues.:cool:

Almost 7,000 miles on the clock now since my delivery on 30th June (Q2) and still love getting in the car to drive it.

The power and comfort just never gets old, put a couple of upgrades on since delivery, Acceleration Boost (well worth it)... Alloy pedals, rear boot spoiler, red calliper covers and purchased a data module for the center console so I can now play MP3 music and connect a game controller to it rather than entering to glove box where the car recorder USB stick goes.

Hope those who are still waiting receive your car's soon, trust me they are worth the wait.:cool:

PS: One thing I never got working since day 1 is the 3rd party light shows. Named everything correct in their respected folders and tried everything but still only works with the default "Holiday" light show.
Anyone with a Q2 delivery got theirs working yet.?

Alloy Pedals.JPG

tesla.jpg

spoiler.JPG

Last edited:
Hi guy's, I hope you are all good, Just reporting in to say my Tesla Model Y is performing beautiful with zero issues.:cool:

Almost 7,000 miles on the clock now since my delivery on 30th June (Q2) and still love getting in the car to drive it.

The power and comfort just never gets old, put a couple of upgrades on since delivery, Alloy pedals, rear boot spoiler, red calliper covers and purchased a data module for the center console so I can now play music and connect a game controller to it rather than entering to glove box where the car recorder USB stick goes.

Hope those who are still waiting receive your car's soon, trust me they are worth the wait.:cool:

PS: One thing I never got working since day 1 is the 3rd party light shows. Named everything correct in their respected folders and tried everything but still only works with the default "Holiday" light show.
Anyone with a Q2 delivery got theirs working yet.?

View attachment 844452
View attachment 844449
View attachment 844450
Beautiful pics! This makes the wait so much more bearable! But thankfully many of us have VINs so we'll be graduation soon - albiet to the class of Q3.

Mind sharing a few things (sorry if you've posted this before):
- Caliper covers: do you have a link to the ones you got? Did you or someone else have to take the wheels off to put them on? They look sick and wouldn't mind doing the same if easy enough
- Rear spoiler: I know these are a dime a dozen but from first look, yours looks really well made/put on
- Data connector: I got a USB drive (one of those big samsung ones) for the glove but do still want to have a controller and ability to play music say if I want to download an album in FLAC format or something. Again, probably loads around but still good to get trusted people's opinions

Alloy pedals (or in my case, plastic looking alloys haha) are a must for me too - they were the first accessories I bought! Can't wait to put them on!

Last edited:
Beautiful pics! This makes the wait so much more bearable! But thankfully many of us have VINs so we'll be graduation soon - albiet to the class of Q3.

- Caliper covers: do you have a link to the ones you got? Did you or someone else have to take the wheels off to put them on? They look sick and wouldn't mind doing the same if easy enough)
- Rear spoiler: I know these are a dime a dozen but from first look, yours looks really well made/put on
- Data connector: I got a USB drive (one of those big samsung ones) for the glove but do still want to have a controller and ability to play music say if I want to download an album in FLAC format or something. Again, probably loads around but still good to get trusted people's opinions

Allow pedals are a must for me too - they were the first accessories I bought! Can't wait to put them on!
@QuanTim

No problem sharing at all mate.

Alloy Pedal Covers: Link here although you already have them.

Data Module: Here is the link.

Rear Spoiler: Remarkably cheap to say how good it looks.

Calliper Covers: Out of stock now but you can purchase them elsewhere. I fit them myself and although they were a bit fiddly managed no problem.
Biggest job was taking the wheels off and that isn't too difficult. ;)
caliper covers.png

Last edited:
She is looking great. And the spoiler, about which I had my doubts and mild disaster, looks excellent.

Lizzie went straight for the spa treatment from the collection point on a trailer. As, among other treatments, she was having a wheels off coating, I asked them to pop on the red calliper covers - no problem there. I also asked them the fit the spoiler which I provided - not so good. When I picked her, the spoiler problem was explained - it looked fixed but a gentle hand pull and off she came.

I have not bought the pedal covers but am very pleased with all the other accessories that I bought pre-collection except for the spoiler as mention and also the Alloygators which, apparently are not suitable for Gemini wheels ...who knew!

I could buy tape and try the spoiler again but it does not seem to fit snugly and without a push at the ends. Maybe some time.

Go Team Red.

- Caliper covers: do you have a link to the ones you got? Did you or someone else have to take the wheels off to put them on? They look sick and wouldn't mind doing the same if easy enough

Alloy pedals (or in my case, plastic looking alloys haha) are a must for me too - they were the first accessories I bought! Can't wait to put them on!
@QuanTim

I will search out where I got my calliper covers and let you know. Mine don't have any insignia or T E S L A on them, which I prefer, (each to his own).

They will be easy to fit (several vids on youtube prove this) but as @busterboy says, the wheels need taking off which would also give you the opportunity to coat them inside and out - my calliper covers are also coated. Makes them so easy to clean.... of course, I see that you have 20s but same applies.

• Love
Reactions: QuanTim
ORDER #119291​
EVANNEX
AFTERMARKET TESLA ACCESSORIES​

brendan,
Thank you for placing your order with us today, June 02, 2022. Please review all the information below for accuracy. We will notify you when your order has been sent.
Should you require further assistance with this order, you may contact usMonday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.

Order summary​

5WmsG3FDgW11JnxFpWnoKpcLEGw_mCLTe0JSYVTRlB8x7XyIuMaGPFxKZnRzkXjm14p2MTZT87lWubWMyreJcAPBY6GchZudEkiLzMyy7nnXMaW2g6D3zxS2DjL_S5hjkgtsnxY_Y_IQ1N3eOnEa_r9d74Vi-GljnoOz_qfRCB0tx0jxROk8O-VisA=s0-d-e1-ft
Performance Caliper Covers for Tesla Model Y - Red × 1
$219.95​
Subtotal
$219.95
Shipping
$43.37
Taxes
$0.00
Total
$263.32 USD

The little nuts and screws and pipe are faux; just to give them an authentic look. Evannex have fitting videos for most of their products.

Beware, when you buy from the USA, (or anywhere else now that we have been BBBB'd - Buggered By Boris's Brexit) of additional tax collected by the carrier to be paid before delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuanTim
I have a 70 plate loaner M3P at the moment as VaDA has been in the service centre getting a delivery blemish sorted. The M3P has the carbon rear spoiler and although fixed it does look ‘loose’ at both ends - perhaps wear and tear. I do like the red caliper covers.
And that is a works spoiler! Yes, I am tickled to bits with the red calliper covers...still kicking' and still a kid or as SWMBO might say :"What ARE you like"
Fortunately, a rhetorical question. Otherwise, where would I begin?

She is looking great. And the spoiler, about which I had my doubts and mild disaster, looks excellent.

Lizzie went straight for the spa treatment from the collection point on a trailer. As, among other treatments, she was having a wheels off coating, I asked them to pop on the red calliper covers - no problem there. I also asked them the fit the spoiler which I provided - not so good. When I picked her, the spoiler problem was explained - it looked fixed but a gentle hand pull and off she came.

I have not bought the pedal covers but am very pleased with all the other accessories that I bought pre-collection except for the spoiler as mention and also the Alloygators which, apparently are not suitable for Gemini wheels ...who knew!

I could buy tape and try the spoiler again but it does not seem to fit snugly and without a push at the ends. Maybe some time.

Go Team Red.
Regarding the rear spoiler, I mixed neat alcohol 50% = 50% with water to clean the surface with a micro fibre cloth to prepare.

Spent quite a while with painters tape doing the measuring making sure it was straight before removing the blue "Peel" from the double sided tape, then it was in the hands of God whether it went on as it should.

To my surprise it fit like a glove with zero gapping and looks great IMO. :)

Pedal covers to no longer than 5 minutes to fit although having fit them in my previous Model S I did things differently.

Boiled the kettle and soaked them in VERY HOT water to soften them up, they then fit very easily.

Alloygators I'm really sorry to say I purchased these some years back for a previous Audi A8L I owned and not only did they look a mess they came off within the first month. Sorry @Wattsisname no offence meant but never again. Just my opinion.!!!

Regarding the second attempt at fitting the rear spoiler you need some 3M Tape and try again mate for sure.

Last edited:
Hey Maj.

Again, many thanks for the timely advice for ALA GAP Insurance.

I have had a lot going on of late and would surely have not thought about it for a couple of weeks.
It is ironic that you, whilst being thoughtful for us, missed the + part for yourself.

I have just purchase + with 1,368miles on Lizzie's clock. It would have been too high even now but for the above mentioned "lot going on".

I also went for the £750 cover towards excess payment for any claim on my Admiral policy.

Total cost for both items, with your kindly provided discount code, £484.86 for 4 years of + and 3 years of excess cover. 28p a day for 4 years of + and 7p a day for 3 years of excess cover seems the right thing to do.

If this destructive inflation spiral continues it will, perforce new car price rises, mean our cars should depreciate little, but the GAP, in that unthinkable event, could still be considerable.

Now then.... SWMBO says. " I wish the Royal Popsies all the best and may they never have to claim on their GAP Insurance (which I thought at first was a means of preventing Wattsisname from shopping there or providing compensation if he does)
or indeed have to claim on any insurance - be safe Majes"
No problem Watts old chap, glad I could be of service. Just wish I had realised myself 🙈. I'm just going to have to stump up the xtra cash. Like you said, the price of cars are rising all the time, goodness knows how much a MY will cost in a couple of years.
I still love driving the car, it's a dream. Hope you're enjoying Lizzie

Alloygators I'm really sorry to say I purchased these some years back for a previous Audi A8L I owned and not only did they look a mess they came off within the first month. Sorry @Wattsisname no offence meant but never again. Just my opinion.!!!

Regarding the second attempt at fitting the rear spoiler you need some 3M Tape and try again mate for sure.
No tears, crocodile or otherwise @busterboy for the Alligators: they can't be fitted and, from what you say of your Model Sperience, its's better that they remain in their box.

I may give the spoiler another go; I will set it up with low tack masking tape just to check the fit before buying tape.

• Love
Reactions: busterboy
No problem Watts old chap, glad I could be of service. Just wish I had realised myself 🙈. I'm just going to have to stump up the xtra cash. Like you said, the price of cars are rising all the time, goodness knows how much a MY will cost in a couple of years.
I still love driving the car, it's a dream. Hope you're enjoying Lizzie
Exactly right Maj; on the future replacement cost issue which will also driven up by inflation.

The writ of Sod's Law hangs like a mixed metaphored Sword of Damocles over the uninsured. So, the best way to avoid a write-off is to insure against it.
I would have gone for the alloy cover (mine are in the shed:)) but it was, I thought, a bit pricy.

Perhaps this is a good time for a confession, I have a small knick on the rear nearside naked Gemini :eek:.

I tried to sell the responsibility for it to SWMBO but, unsurprisingly, she wasn't buying: the driver is captain and if he chooses to accept the co-pilots (unsolicited) advice (against his better judgement) on matters of parking, he has no body to blame.....etc etc etFingcetera.

Re: Love for Lizzie. As a colleague used to say, back in the day in Australia, to express his love, enjoyment and value derived from a possession : "I'm totally wrapped"

I suppose it is a contraction of "enraptured" which I am....totally.

Reactions: Kingpopsy