Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I haven't had anything like that. Weird. I've emailed them, let's see what they come back with. Fingers crossed me being pro-active doesn't mean an increase in APR...
Forgot to answer one of your question; the pre contract info doc and the initial lending agreement with Tesla signature, they both appeared appx a week or so after the finance resubmission.

Reactions: NP90
That will be for new orders. I imagine they won't come with them from Q1 23.
Mmmmm, really. The multitude of forum, club and u-tube `advice` I`ve taken onboard suggests that NO charging leads come with our new cars! To that end I`ve been buying, when available, from the Tesla Store, the UMC (granny) charger and the type-2 (blue) lead (to use in non-tethered type chargers)............however posts from the guys who have just collected there cars now suggest these 2 important leads DO come as standard!.....Soooo, It looks like I`m going to have some `spares` on my hands now, ho hum, over to the market place site then! :oops:
Come to think if it I`ll just hang on until I pick-up my baby on the twenty-tooth of this month, I will see then what, exactly, does come `as standard` with the 2022 Model Y plus photos to confirm! 😉 Not Long Now.....

Reactions: Sparkie1968
Mmmmm, really. The multitude of forum, club and u-tube `advice` I`ve taken onboard suggests that NO charging leads come with our new cars! To that end I`ve been buying, when available, from the Tesla Store, the UMC (granny) charger and the type-2 (blue) lead (to use in non-tethered type chargers)............however posts from the guys who have just collected there cars now suggest these 2 important leads DO come as standard!.....Soooo, It looks like I`m going to have some `spares` on my hands now, ho hum, over to the market place site then! :oops:
Come to think if it I`ll just hang on until I pick-up my baby on the twenty-tooth of this month, I will see then what, exactly, does come `as standard` with the 2022 Model Y plus photos to confirm! 😉 Not Long Now.....
They are no longer included in the US, but are still standard in the UK

Not for much longer so it seems, they are now charging £180 for a granny charger on the order page for the Y
This page says they're both still included

Picked up my new Model Y (white with 20's) from Staines yesterday. All very efficient and much quieter than when we picked up the Model 3 from Thorpe Park last year (only saw 3 or 4 other customers in the whole hour we were there)

Came with 53% charge and your app is activated while you are at the counter - which is a bit annoying as you used to be able to drive to the closest Supercharger and "fill up" on Tesla :)

All went smoothly as you would expect from touch-less handover - and could not find any issues with the car. Panel gaps are good and there were no scuffs or scratches.

My first thoughts after a 97 mile journey home are:

Suspension is fine. I was a little worried what to expect as my test drive was on 19" Geminis and I went for the 20" Inductions. It's definitely nothing like floating on a cloud - but no worse than my Model 3 on 19" Sports Wheels.

Build quality - much better than my 2021 M3 SR+. Just feels more solid. No rattles, creaks or knocks - which my M3 in abundance. Feels more "German" if that makes sense. Even the doors feel heavier and make a nicer "clunk" than the very tinny M3 Doors.

Driving Experience - actually a bit disappointing as I was expecting it to be much faster than my M3 SR+ , and while it obviously is not slow, it does not seem to have as much "push you back in your seat" torque as the M3 SR+. I was not planning on buying the Acceleration Boost upgrade - but if you are coming from an M3 you are probably going to want to consider it.

Apart from that, it's all positive. I much prefer stepping up into a SUV style of seat than climbing down into the M3 cabin and it's so much more comfortable for the knees.

Steering feels just as good as M3 (which was best car I've ever owned) and I love the heated steering wheel and the sound system is much better than the SR+

Rear visibility is shocking - especially if you don't disable the auto dimmer function , but forwards visibility is really good - and I spend most of my time looking in from of me, so that's OK.

I did notice the floor bed in the boot is not flat like the M3 - there is a lip, so you can't just slide boxes towards the back, but that is a 1st world problem and a small price to pay for the convenience of a hatchback - which was my main reason for switching over.

Charging - I've only charged the car once but it seems to charge slower than my M3. I'm with Octopus Go - so I have cheap charging from 12.30 to 4.30am.

With my M3SR+, but car was always charged before 4.30am - and I always charged to 100% and it was often under 20% by the time I got home from a road trip.

The Model Y was on 19% when it started charging at 12.30 and was only on 78% when I woke up at 5.30am this morning and checked my phone. I'll keep an eye on this over the next few charges and hopefully this is not the case as you only seem to be able to set the start time for charging and not a end time as well?

Software - one warning to 1st time Tesla owners. When you get in the car you may have a message saying there is a software update available and it's perfect natural to hit the download and install button right away - DONT!

It means you can't drive until it's installed and one family I spoke to said they had been waiting for over an hour for it to install - and once you start you can't cancel the update :)

Also, for some reason I can't use voice recognition to make calls. Just keep saying the call could not be completed and I have to dial from the phone.

I did suffer from some colour envy when I arrived in Staines and saw all the MSM model Y's with Black 20" wheels - IMO the best looking combination by far - but the White looks great too with the black wheels.

I did notice a lot of the MSM cars had swirls on them though. I still can't understand why Tesla still insists on wiping down the cars before collection if they are not going to use clean cloths.

Just to be clear - apart from the car next to me (which I would have rejected as it had really noticeable fine scratches on all 4 doors) I am talking VERY fine swirls which you would probably not notice unless you were inspecting the car closely - but it did make me feel better about choosing white :)

It's early days - but so far I'm very happy I made the switchover from M3 to MY. I will be getting the Acceleration Boost as I miss the instant torque of the lighter M3

I'll post some pictures when it finally stops raining.

Picked up my new Model Y (white with 20's) from Staines yesterday. All very efficient and much quieter than when we picked up the Model 3 from Thorpe Park last year (only saw 3 or 4 other customers in the whole hour we were there)

Came with 53% charge and your app is activated while you are at the counter - which is a bit annoying as you used to be able to drive to the closest Supercharger and "fill up" on Tesla :)

All went smoothly as you would expect from touch-less handover - and could not find any issues with the car. Panel gaps are good and there were no scuffs or scratches.

Suspension is fine. I was a little worried what to expect as my test drive was on 19" Geminis and I went for the 20" Inductions. It's definitely nothing like floating on a cloud - but no worse than my Model 3 on 19" Sports Wheels.

Build quality - much better than my 2021 M3 SR+. Just feels more solid. No rattles, creaks or knocks - which my M3 in abundance. Feels more "German" if that makes sense. Even the doors feel heavier and make a nicer "clunk" than the very tinny M3 Doors.

Driving Experience - actually a bit disappointing as I was expecting it to be much faster than my M3 SR+ , and while it obviously is not slow, it does not seem to have as much "push you back in your seat" torque as the M3 SR+. I was not planning on buying the Acceleration Boost upgrade - but if you are coming from an M3 you are probably going to want to consider it.

Apart from that, it's all positive. I much prefer stepping up into a SUV style of seat than climbing down into the M3 cabin and it's so much more comfortable for the knees.

Steering feels just as good as M3 (which was best car I've ever owned) and I love the heated steering wheel and the sound system is much better than the SR+

Rear visibility is shocking - especially if you don't disable the auto dimmer function , but forwards visibility is really good - and I spend most of my time looking in from of me, so that's OK.

I did notice the floor bed in the boot is not flat like the M3 - there is a lip, so you can't just slide boxes towards the back, but that is a 1st world problem and a small price to pay for the convenience of a hatchback - which was my main reason for switching over.

Charging - I've only charged the car once but it seems to charge slower than my M3. I'm with Octopus Go - so I have cheap charging from 12.30 to 4.30am.

With my M3SR+, but car was always charged before 4.30am - and I always charged to 100% and it was often under 20% by the time I got home from a road trip.

The Model Y was on 19% when it started charging at 12.30 and was only on 78% when I woke up at 5.30am this morning and checked my phone. I'll keep an eye on this over the next few charges and hopefully this is not the case as you only seem to be able to set the start time for charging and not a end time as well?

Software - one warning to 1st time Tesla owners. When you get in the car you may have a message saying there is a software update available and it's perfect natural to hit the download and install button right away - DONT!

It means you can't drive until it's installed and one family I spoke to said they had been waiting for over an hour for it to install - and once you start you can't cancel the update :)

Also, for some reason I can't use voice recognition to make calls. Just keep saying the call could not be completed and I have to dial from the phone.

I did suffer from some colour envy when I arrived in Staines and saw all the MSM model Y's with Black 20" wheels - IMO the best looking combination by far - but the White looks great too with the black wheels.

I did notice a lot of the MSM cars had swirls on them though. I still can't understand why Tesla still insists on wiping down the cars before collection if they are not going to use clean cloths.

Just to be clear - apart from the car next to me (which I would have rejected as it had really noticeable fine scratches on all 4 doors) I am talking VERY fine swirls which you would probably not notice unless you were inspecting the car closely - but it did make me feel better about choosing white :)

It's early days - but so far I'm very happy I made the switchover from M3 to MY. I will be getting the Acceleration Boost as I miss the instant torque of the lighter M3

Remember the MY gas a much bigger battery than your SR+ so it’ll take longer to fill the “same” percentage.

Remember the MY gas a much bigger battery than your SR+ so it’ll take longer to fill the “same” percentage.
Exactly right. Going on the information in SaffaT3sla's (informative, thanks for sharing!) post the Model Y charged at the same speed as the M3SR+ (similar amount of energy stored during the same amount charging time).

MY (0.78-0.19)*75 kWh = 44.3 kWh
M3 (1.00-0.2) * 54 kWh = 43.2 kWh

Reactions: Lord Farquad

Come on... where are all the pictures?! 🤣

Interesting to hear that it felt slower than the M3 SR+? Given the 0-60 times are quite different I'd have expected it to still feel a lot quicker? Is it maybe because of the height difference making it feel less go kart like?

Reactions: Toblerone
Picked mine up yesterday. 7 miles on it. 2 slight scuffs on the driver's side which they buffed out for me before leaving. Black 7.5m cable, plus granny cable, parcel shelf and emergency kit included.

My first Tesla and I'm loving it so far. My only annoyance is the floppy tongue on the floor mat. It keeps lolling over and getting behind the brake pedal - a pretty serious and potentially dangerous design flaw. I need to get in there with some double sided tape

Nice comparative observations here (M3 - MY) and thanks for the "DON`T download the software update tip"....duly noted and will wait till I get home! As for the Acceleration Boost........you going to add this onto your insurance, as it is a chargable option. I was told in no uncertain terms by my insurer that IF they found out during a claim, they WOULD Void my policy instantly! (unfortunately this upgrade once activated is not removable and there electronicaly for all to see) not like the good old days of plug-in EOBD chip tuning boxes! 😇

Last edited:
Reactions: _Dave_
Picked mine up yesterday. 7 miles on it. 2 slight scuffs on the driver's side which they buffed out for me before leaving. Black 7.5m cable, plus granny cable, parcel shelf and emergency kit included.

My first Tesla and I'm loving it so far. My only annoyance is the floppy tongue on the floor mat. It keeps lolling over and getting behind the brake pedal - a pretty serious and potentially dangerous design flaw. I need to get in there with some double sided tape
At last, many thanks for the definitive `important-stuff-included` information, good to know. One other item.......carpet mats, they there too?

Yup! Hence my comment on the floppy tongue
Regarding the floppy tongue - my mat was like that, but if you lift up the whole mat and rearrange it carefully, the tongue will stay in its proper place.
I’ve had my Y for a week now, and absolutely love it. Seems to be plenty fast enough on British roads without acceleration boost!

Collected this morning in Manchester, I forgot to take any pics because I had the whole family along and was busy saying don't touch that 😂 handover was painless "sign here and come back if you have any questions or concerns "
Had 49% charge and my first tesla so I stopped to try a supercharger just to check I later got a message saying my charging rights have been removed because I hadn't paid for it 🤦‍♂️😂 I thought it was all automatic and just charged my card sorted now.
My charger at home works fine so I obviously did a good job and connected it correctly 😂
Right onto the car not one issue that I can see all gaps spot on the odd glue mark on the paint but nothing major. I'm still trying to work out how I get everything set as I want which may take time up to now I've managed to completely mess up the profiles between the wife and I 😂 overall I'm really pleased with the MY. I'm sure I'll have more to add later on once this update has finished

I had the same ‘floppy tongue’ issue so decided to bite the bullet and buy some third-party mats from Amazon. They arrived today and I’m really impressed with them, perfect fit, quite thin and not too bulky like some of the rubber mats you see elsewhere.

RHD Car Floor Mats for Tesla... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09WYW4NXY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Nice. I’ve been looking all weekand was kind of edging toward more rubbery ones with a taller lip to really make sure mud, food, sand etc is all caught - but those look great and appear to have good coverage to the edges @HowieR
Did they come flat or folded and need some time to reset? Cheers!

Nice. I’ve been looking all weekand was kind of edging toward more rubbery ones with a taller lip to really make sure mud, food, sand etc is all caught - but those look great and appear to have good coverage to the edges @HowieR
Did they come flat or folded and need some time to reset? Cheers!
The front mats were flat and the rear mat was folded in half but flattened out in a couple of minutes.

Reactions: _Dave_