Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following up on this, we drove to Leicester and back for last nights football (bad result!). Managed to get there and back on one charge which was awesome, and had lots of superchargers as backup.

However, after having good Autopilot experiences during my trip to Belgium, yesterday was a different story. I had 2 instances where i had what i think people call phantom breaking. No other traffic on the road and at 65 mph the car slammed the brakes on. I can only think it was confused about a junction on the A14 as the auto steering went funny too. Glad there was no one behind me, and the family aren't that keen on me using it anymore.

I got constant messages about Cameras being blocked, and when i got to the stadium the reversing camera's were really mucked up. It wasn't that wet on the roads really. A bit disappointing and doesn't bode well for reversing beeps in a software update.

The auto wipers are complete joke. They go mental with next to no rain and then do nothing when there is no visibility. By far the worst i have used on any car, and made worse by the fact there are no stalks for the wipers. I don't like the position of the manual wiper select on the bottom right of the screen as i have to take my eye off the road and its really small. Also, when i have disabled wipers (if they go mental) i forget they are not on Auto. This really needs a better solution and is something i miss about my old car.

I used Sentry at the stadium parking. Was interested to see 1 event when we got in. It was my son who got to the car before us - I caught him stroking the Tesla badge.
Basically, they’ve designed a decent car and then ballsed up all the simple stuff, turning it into an irritation.

Thanks for the reply. I know that but it doesnt solve the issue where you need wipers to be activated properly, or if you need to turn them off when they are going mental.

That single press on the button also brings up the wipers controls on-screen so you can turn them off or slower if you need to. I find that turning them off and then back on again helps! You need to be pretty quick though as the on-screen controls disappear pretty quickly. Not ideal I know...

Also, just as a follow-up to the Wife's issues with her phone key etc I posted earlier this morning...my investigation was over pretty quickly when I realised she had her Bluetooth on her mobile turned off🤦‍♂️ Once I turned it back on...everything worked as if by magic

Thanks for the reply. I know that but it doesnt solve the issue where you need wipers to be activated properly, or if you need to turn them off when they are going mental.
When I also get irritated by the auto wipers, I usually just give a voice command “turn wipers to three” or “turn wipers to [x]” because then I know it’ll just stay on at the rate I want it like, you know, a normal car :D then I just turn it back to auto when it dries up. Not ideal as I also like being able to change the wiper speed with the stalk or simply having auto wipers that work.

Quick Update.
I picked up my M3 on Xmas eve from Brent Cross. It was very quick and easy because it was a company car. The guy in the queue before me took 20 mins or so going through the credit checks etc. I took about 3 minutes, and the app worked as soon as I e-signed for the collection.
It was funny though watching all the people stumbling around the car park looking for their car, and all the horns and flashing indicators was hilarious.

The car is brilliant. I'm really impressed. Especially when I compare charge times with my wife's ID.4. e.g. I charged the ID.4 car the other night during "not-quite-as-extortionate" off-peak charges. The charge went from 40% to 89%.
I scheduled the M3 to charge last night during the same period, it went from 39% to 100%.

The car is brilliant. I'm really impressed. Especially when I compare charge times with my wife's ID.4. e.g. I charged the ID.4 car the other night during "not-quite-as-extortionate" off-peak charges. The charge went from 40% to 89%.
I scheduled the M3 to charge last night during the same period, it went from 39% to 100%.
This is probably because the batteries are different sizes, not because the Tesla charges any faster on a home AC connections.

Hi all hope everyone loving the Q4 deliveries. Love the car.

One question for any lease customers (through Lex/Love electric). My premium connectivity free period ran out today. Want to keep it but as lease customer don’t have it in “upgrades” in car or app. Anyone had any experience of this with contacting tesla or their lease company?

Had hoped it would just come off my card linked to the account (like supercharging does) but still can’t add it. Thanks

Latest little modification over the weekend - things like this are subjective of course, but I'm really happy with it. Looks better in the flesh/metal.

Before:
1.jpg

After:
2.jpg

3.jpg

Reactions: LiamPope
Latest little modification over the weekend - things like this are subjective of course, but I'm really happy with it. Looks better in the flesh/metal.

Before:
View attachment 896361

After:
View attachment 896362

View attachment 896363

I love it!

Can I ask where you got the letters? Also, is this something coming up for new model 3's in the future, or an S/X thing, or just to be different?

By the way, you need the Dual motor text in black now!

And the front badge.

:)

Reactions: rowedav
I love it!

Can I ask where you got the letters? Also, is this something coming up for new model 3's in the future, or an S/X thing, or just to be different?

By the way, you need the Dual motor text in black now!

And the front badge.

:)

I think the T E S L A lettering has been on the roadster and Models S/X before - that's where it originally came from I believe. I first saw it on a Model 3 years ago, when Franz von Holzhausen (Chief Designer at Tesla) had it on his custom Model 3 (which I think was a prototype Performance model). A look at Tesla Chief Designer's stunning custom Model 3

I got the letters from Amazon as it includes everything you need (fishing line, adhesive remover, stencil etc).

Reactions: LiamPope
I think the T E S L A lettering has been on the roadster and Models S/X before - that's where it originally came from I believe. I first saw it on a Model 3 years ago, when Franz von Holzhausen (Chief Designer at Tesla) had it on his custom Model 3 (which I think was a prototype Performance model). A look at Tesla Chief Designer's stunning custom Model 3

I got the letters from Amazon as it includes everything you need (fishing line, adhesive remover, stencil etc).

Ah that's cool! Thanks a lot. Oooh de-chrome in 2018! And damnit - now I need body colour door handles! :(

Finally got around to applying the lettering on mine...

20230408_164047.jpg

I really like it. Need to emblacken the dual motor text and bonnet badge now. Certainly helps find the car all the times this happens... :) :)

20230404_123107.jpg

I bought the Tesla lettering from Abstract Ocean early in 2022 when they had a 'cease and desist' order from Tesla with a view to adding it to the future Model Y (having done the same to my Model 3 back in 2020). The other black badges/dual motor were an eBay bundle & I changed everything soon after purchase last December.
Y badge R.JPG

Y badge F.JPG

(I get asked if the car is ceramic coated but all I've ever done is wash it with water)

Last edited:
How is everyone finding their cars?

Love mine. So happy with it, will be doing a proper detail next week (myself) when the weather sorts itself out.

Haven’t managed to wash the car properly myself since I picked it up in November.

One annoying issue I have is the Wipers- what is the deal with them? Sometimes they are just right and then outta the blue they go to 100% wiping away a small tear drop. I often have to disable the auto function!

One annoying issue I have is the Wipers- what is the deal with them? Sometimes they are just right and then outta the blue they go to 100% wiping away a small tear drop. I often have to disable the auto function!
The long and the short of it is they use the cameras for rain detection, not the cheap as chips sensor that every other manufacturer uses. It's been in "beta" ever since they activated the software about 7 years ago. For the first few months of my first Tesla they weren't auto at all!

I bought the Tesla lettering from Abstract Ocean early in 2022 when they had a 'cease and desist' order from Tesla with a view to adding it to the future Model Y (having done the same to my Model 3 back in 2020). The other black badges/dual motor were an eBay bundle & I changed everything soon after purchase last December.
View attachment 927294
View attachment 927295

(I get asked if the car is ceramic coated but all I've ever done is wash it with water)
Go Team Red🥳