Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about adjusting window tilt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, noob here with questions for anyone who has adjusted their window(s) on a Model S. I found the two plugs on the bottom of the door, managed to find a 10mm socket, loosened the hex nut, but I can't seem to move the rod.

Do I need to remove the door panel?
Do I need to remove the nut entirely?
What did you use to move the rod?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, noob here with questions for anyone who has adjusted their window(s) on a Model S. I found the two plugs on the bottom of the door, managed to find a 10mm socket, loosened the hex nut, but I can't seem to move the rod.

Do I need to remove the door panel?
Do I need to remove the nut entirely?
What did you use to move the rod?

Thanks in advance!
I adjusted it on my Raven X. Definitely had to take the door panel off. 4 adjustments. Look on YouTube. Model S could be different though since there were no caps for the bottom adjusters on the X.

You can also check service manuals. Recently free access. I used a service manual and YouTube to help with the X.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I adjusted it on my Raven X. Definitely had to take the door panel off. 4 adjustments. Look on YouTube. Model S could be different though since there were no caps for the bottom adjusters on the X.

You can also check service manuals. Recently free access. I used a service manual and YouTube to help with the X.
I did look on YouTube, I guess I'll have to watch the ones posted by actual body shop guys. Thanks for the tip on the service manuals!

Upvote 0