Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about falcon wings on ordering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello and goodmorning.
Please I would like to know if one can opt out of getting the falcon wing doors.
I really want an electric car, but I only drive SUVs so I have decided it would be the Tesla Model X, God willing.

The falcon wings, however, I borderline despise. It's too snazzy, flashy and a little too loud for my tastes. It's almost a dealbreaker.

So my question is, can I instead get regular car doors, or at least minivan sliding doors? Will Tesla agree to this?

Thank you.

I too was concerned the Falcon Wind Doors would be ostentatious and problematic. However, after 2 weeks of owning one, the doors just make people smile and there have been zero problems to date. In my experience, it's been the white interior that tends to draw the ire of people who think it's unwise. This is the look I sometimes see on peoples faces when they get in: 'You've got kids and a white interior? - More money than brains, eh.'

tl;dr - the doors make people happy, the white interior is a bit showy for some.

I too was concerned the Falcon Wind Doors would be ostentatious and problematic. However, after 2 weeks of owning one, the doors just make people smile and there have been zero problems to date. In my experience, it's been the white interior that tends to draw the ire of people who think it's unwise. This is the look I sometimes see on peoples faces when they get in: 'You've got kids and a white interior? - More money than brains, eh.'

tl;dr - the doors make people happy, the white interior is a bit showy for some.
I knew someone who had the same trepidations as I do would say essentially that the falcon wings are actually such a pleasure now that they've taken delivery.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It's not so much how people will perceive me, I mean it's partly so, but it's even more that it's not me at all (To gauge my tastes, think boring Volvo). But I am thinking my intense reservations might go away once I get it. I just want to be prepared in case if it doesn't. That's why I am thinking, maybe some type of modification.

If I may ask what is the exterior color of yours? I have titanium metallic with tan interior in design studio. I read on here that it's a wonderful combo and from pictures, I am inclined to agree. I have loosely been dabbling with white interior- though I am pretty sure that won't work with titanium metallic.

If I may ask what is the exterior color of yours?

My wife picked the colors. White exterior. Ultra White interior. Carbon trim. Elon has said that Ultra White w/o vented seats is best for kids due to their stain resistance and durability. It does make the car feel roomier than black leather or multi-pattern fabric. I have not yet seen a tan interior on the X.

Be sure and check people's signatures (info at the bottom of each comment) as many people include this to help head off followup questions.

My wife picked the colors. White exterior. Ultra White interior. Carbon trim. Elon has said that Ultra White w/o vented seats is best for kids due to their stain resistance and durability. It does make the car feel roomier than black leather or multi-pattern fabric. I have not yet seen a tan interior on the X.

Be sure and check people's signatures (info at the bottom of each comment) as many people include this to help head off followup questions.
Thanks for your feedback.
I don't see signatures. I just registered and maybe it's because I am on my phone.
Again, thanks.

I believe the FWD will grow on you as it did on me. Originally, I thought they are too showy but after one month of ownership, I think their utilities far outweigh the attention they attract. We had no issue with them and enjoyed the convenience they bring. I hope you will feel the same way once you get your MX.

Reactions: MichealW
Add another vote for utility of FWDs, and ease of cleaning of ultra white seats. Though I do still cringe when opening the FWDs in public due to the attraction they get. You'll probably get less of that in NYC. I probably have the only Model X in my city, and only another dozen or so for many miles around. And don't expect that to change dramatically for a very long time, if ever.

And yes, people give grief about the white seats, but only those that I actually know and am showing the car to, and I'm not bothered to explain the reasoning. They're not something the average passerby will gawk at.

I believe the FWD will grow on you as it did on me. Originally, I thought they are too showy but after one month of ownership, I think their utilities far outweigh the attention they attract. We had no issue with them and enjoyed the convenience they bring. I hope you will feel the same way once you get your MX.

Thanks for your feedback

If you view in landscape you will be able to see the signatures.
Thanks, it worked.

Add another vote for utility of FWDs, and ease of cleaning of ultra white seats. Though I do still cringe when opening the FWDs in public due to the attraction they get. You'll probably get less of that in NYC. I probably have the only Model X in my city, and only another dozen or so for many miles around. And don't expect that to change dramatically for a very long time, if ever.

And yes, people give grief about the white seats, but only those that I actually know and am showing the car to, and I'm not bothered to explain the reasoning. They're not something the average passerby will gawk at.

Thanks for your feedback!
Might seriously start considering the ultra white seats-the ease of cleaning is a strong sell. Not sure if it will go with titanium metallic exterior though.:oops:

I was worried it would be too flashy but all that goes away when you see how people react around it. They just have big smiles on their faces. Kids love the wings too... As long as your attutude is chill about it... like "isn't this fun?"... Besides, if you have kids they are so functional. Its all good :)