Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question re: WiFi hotspot and "autopilot"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a MY and assumed that with the Premium Connectivity, the car would act as a wireless hotspot for my computer and/or phone to connect to. Is this not the case? I'm coming from a 2018 Q5 Prestige and the wireless hotspot was an integral feature.

Secondly, what am I missing with autopilot? It doesn't appear to do much that I can tell. If I let the car drfit into another lane it barely adjusts to keep the car in the lane I am in. Also, how do you even activate cruise control? I guess I have a lot of reading to do.

Don't have a hotspot answer... here's what I've learned in my first 2 weeks.

- click down once on the right stalk for cruise, double click down for autosteering (enable it first in your menu system). If there is a blue circle around the speed in the middle of the display then the cruise is on. If the steering wheel icon to the left of it is blue, autosteer is on.

Last edited:
Reactions: StormtrooperSD
For autopilot read the manual or look at the various introduction videos on the tesla website. You had it only in TACC (adaptive cruise), not in autosteer, according to the behaviour you've described.

Also, no wireless hotspot unfortunately, would have been great.