Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question Regarding... Driving Over a Curb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I have my brakes set to creep. I thought I gave the Model 3 enough time to stop in a parking slot, but in the end, no. It went over a curb (slightly).

1675816347466.png

Worry wort me, I wanted to see if there was any damage.
From the front, you can see that the bumper itself didn't make any contact;
1675816467197.png

It was just the aeroshield in the front.

The curb was white, and it looks like the paint it left on the aeroshield is the same:

1675816632308.png

May I please ask - is there any threat or harm when it comes to an experience like this, namely driving over a curb? I see the perforations on the aeroshield, I'm assuming that's the external speaker. Would the aeroshield protect the gear & the technology it's in front of, even on a slight impact like this? Would you suggest bringing it to Tesla for an inspection?

Thank you all for your patience

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Looks fine to me. I think you're OK.
Thanks, @Soul Surfer . I think it is to. This is more for due diligence, but I appreciate your reassurance.

By chance, does anyone have a diagram, or video of what the '22 M3 looks like behind those speaker grill perforations? I think those are for the pedestrian warning system, but that really is my biggest concern - whether the tech behind that part of the aeroshield could be harmed by this type of experience.

Upvote 0