Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions About Hansshow Android 4G 10.25-inch Tesla Model 3 Y Instrument Cluster Heads Up Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my 9” linux hansshow, if I drag finger from top left of screen to bottom left of screen (straight down) I think it lowered brightness Or perhaps it was righ side. I do not believe this functionality was mentioned in my manual. Worth a try.
I believe your 9" linux has a brightness setting in the setup menu, which the new 10.25" Android doesn't have. I did try the vertical finger drag on mine, but it didn't respond. I wish that feature were still available.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Like others here, I'm having trouble with the BT pairing after the car has sat idle. Most times, the car will pair with the Hannshow within 20 sec or so of getting in the car, but the phone doesn't automatically pair with the Hansshow and has to be prompted from the phone. Before the Hansshow installation, the car display would always immediately fire up when I entered the car, and it would be paired to my phone's BT. Now, it takes 10 sec or so before the displays come to life, and a little more time to pair with the Hansshow.

I'm happy with the display's brightness now that I have installed the Vvivid light smoke film over it. I just get frustrated with the pairing issue, the inconsistent measurement units between the full dashboard display and the reduced driver display (full display shows temp in F, small one shows C; full display shows tire pressure in psi, small one shows BAR). I also noticed that the estimated remaining range shown on the Hansshow is always 1 mile less than the Tesla screen shows. No big deal, just interesting.

For everyone that has purchased 10.25” instrument cluster, if you had to redo your decision on purchasing this - would you have purchased it knowing some of the little issues you have w/it. From what I’m reading, some are having the same complaints: BT pairing issues, screen being real bright. I was going to buy this (& may end up still doing so), but was unsure if it’s really worth it if I’m always going to be fidgeting w/BT issues all the time. Thanks!

For everyone that has purchased 10.25” instrument cluster, if you had to redo your decision on purchasing this - would you have purchased it knowing some of the little issues you have w/it. From what I’m reading, some are having the same complaints: BT pairing issues, screen being real bright. I was going to buy this (& may end up still doing so), but was unsure if it’s really worth it if I’m always going to be fidgeting w/BT issues all the time. Thanks!
I don't have any regrets, especially since I exploited the 30% discount available around Black Friday. For some reason, some of my initial pairing issues don't seem as bad anymore. I think it may have been due to it taking a little longer for pairing to occur with the Hansshow than I expected. I think it may also be related to how long the car has been sitting. Re the brightness level, it may not be a problem for everyone. I just happen to prefer less than more. Putting on the tinted film wasn't a big deal and solved the problem for me. While I think the 3 choices of car screen are lacking (due to too much real estate dedicated to useless power info where perhaps other more useful info could be displayed), I typically leave it in Carplay mode, with the abbreviated car info on the remaining 1/3 of the screen. The main benefit for me is being able to navigate Carplay using the steering wheel right scroll wheel instead of looking down at my phone that I used to have mounted on the center console lid. While I can see the display reasonably well through the factory steering wheel, I did order a yoke (also at the discounted price) and expect it will prove beneficial in viewing the display as well as using the touch screen feature when using autopilot. BTW, I also enjoy the front camera feature as it takes some of the guesswork away from parking against curbs that are in front of the car.

I actually really like it and would do it again. I love the front camera and just being able to glance down for map info. The only BT issues I seem to have now is if I leave the car and go back to it quickly, it seems it can't find my phone again...haven't figured out how to fix that other than turning off carplay and back on again.
I just got the Live Rear View camera so that's the next project haha.

I actually really like it and would do it again. I love the front camera and just being able to glance down for map info. The only BT issues I seem to have now is if I leave the car and go back to it quickly, it seems it can't find my phone again...haven't figured out how to fix that other than turning off carplay and back on again.
Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the live rear view camera. It looks tempting to me.

I don't have any regrets, especially since I exploited the 30% discount available around Black Friday. For some reason, some of my initial pairing issues don't seem as bad anymore. I think it may have been due to it taking a little longer for pairing to occur with the Hansshow than I expected. I think it may also be related to how long the car has been sitting. Re the brightness level, it may not be a problem for everyone. I just happen to prefer less than more. Putting on the tinted film wasn't a big deal and solved the problem for me. While I think the 3 choices of car screen are lacking (due to too much real estate dedicated to useless power info where perhaps other more useful info could be displayed), I typically leave it in Carplay mode, with the abbreviated car info on the remaining 1/3 of the screen. The main benefit for me is being able to navigate Carplay using the steering wheel right scroll wheel instead of looking down at my phone that I used to have mounted on the center console lid. While I can see the display reasonably well through the factory steering wheel, I did order a yoke (also at the discounted price) and expect it will prove beneficial in viewing the display as well as using the touch screen feature when using autopilot. BTW, I also enjoy the front camera feature as it takes some of the guesswork away from parking against curbs that are in front of the car.
Thanks for your candid comments! Just came out of the Hansshow website and ordered it. I believe it will be very useful. I already have a yoke steering wheel and the front camera should be handy as well as I have a front lip which will help w/parking.

Thanks for your candid comments! Just came out of the Hansshow website and ordered it. I believe it will be very useful. I already have a yoke steering wheel and the front camera should be handy as well as I have a front lip which will help w/parking.
Oh the other thing I'm still trying to figure out is the rattling...I thought I taped everything down but I don't feel like pulling my dash up again for now haha

How did you guys route the cable through the front bumper? I have a 2022 model 3 with the ryzen processor and I can’t seem to find any space to route the cable through.
I have the same car as yours. If you reach down inside the very front of the frunk, there is a black piece of plastic that slightly overlaps the top of the bumper flange. I reached down with my right hand inside the frunk and with my left fingers reaching through the grille and pushing up from under the bumper I found I could touch my fingers by creating a small gap between the 2 layers of plastic. I did this a couple of inches from the center of the bumper towards the driver's side. I was able to push the camera cable end up between the 2 layers into the frunk, where I then connected it to the extension lead that came from the Driver Display. It was a little awkward and tricky, but with patience and perseverance I succeeded. Good luck.

I have the same car as yours. If you reach down inside the very front of the frunk, there is a black piece of plastic that slightly overlaps the top of the bumper flange. I reached down with my right hand inside the frunk and with my left fingers reaching through the grille and pushing up from under the bumper I found I could touch my fingers by creating a small gap between the 2 layers of plastic. I did this a couple of inches from the center of the bumper towards the driver's side. I was able to push the camera cable end up between the 2 layers into the frunk, where I then connected it to the extension lead that came from the Driver Display. It was a little awkward and tricky, but with patience and perseverance I succeeded. Good luck.
Thank you!

I discovered a new issue for mine today. A call came in via Carplay, so I accepted it using the scroll wheel. But I couldn't hear the caller. Tried calling back using CarPlay, they answered, and I still couldn't hear them. I think it may be due to the phone connecting directly with the Tesla via bluetooth. Not sure how to prevent that unless I just disconnect that dedicated BT connection to the car, hopefully not creating some other problem in the process. Suggestions welcome. (Other aspects of CarPlay seem to be working well, including selecting and playing Podcasts, listening to messages, etc.)

I have complained a little about the 3 choices for car display, as they dedicate a lot of screen space to gauges that provide little useful info. such as an analog speedometer along with digital speed, and a full gauge showing positive and negative power. Today I stumbled upon what I consider a much more useful display that would take up less screen space (see attached screen shot). Would love to see Hansshow provide an option where perhaps half the screen is used for this type of car display and the other half available for CarPlay display. This display is available in an app available for the "S3XY Buttons".

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 9.39.06 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 9.39.06 AM.png
    657.7 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: geoagil
My unit arrived yesterday. I have mounted it to the dash panel and today I will install everything in the car and make all the connections. Did you run the ground wire into the frunk or was there a grounding point in the lower A pillar area near the data plug? (I have Ryzen and li-ion battery). As expected, the install instructions are terrible, and there was no operating manual included in the box. Taking the best parts of numerous YouTube videos seems to work best for me. I expect the biggest challenge to be setting it up and doing all the correct pairing to make things operate reasonably seamlessly (for Apple carplay in my case).
Ground cable through firewall and attached to bolt to the body of the car.

I'm still having issues with my new 10.25" unit not always playing audio in my car unless I tweak the BT icon on my center screen to wake it up. Also, when phone calls come in on CarPlay, I answer and hear nothing for some reason. But I can pull up a phone voicemail and listen to it fine.

-can I take and hang up calls using the hanshow display or steering wheel?
- can I control media (YouTube music in Android auto) through the steering wheel media controls?
- how fast does Android auto boot up after getting in the car?
- how sensitive is the camera? Does it
automatically come on? Can you change it?
-ive seen people run the camera wire through the driver door grommet instead of through the passenger floor board. Is one easier or preferred than the other?

-can I take and hang up calls using the hanshow display or steering wheel?
- can I control media (YouTube music in Android auto) through the steering wheel media controls?
- how fast does Android auto boot up after getting in the car?
- how sensitive is the camera? Does it
automatically come on? Can you change it?
-ive seen people run the camera wire through the driver door grommet instead of through the passenger floor board. Is one easier or preferred than the other?
Yes, you should be able to, but so far I've had issues with hearing phone calls when I answer them on the unit, and haven't yet figured out why.
Yes you can navigate the various menus to select music, podcasts, messages, etc using the right scroll wheel (when NOT using autopilot). If in AP, you use the touch screen for selection.
My CarPlay boots up every day within 20-30 seconds (mainly for BT connections to re-establish). For short stops during the day, it reboots more quickly.
The camera comes on automatically when sensing an object, and turns off automatically after 10 sec or so. Sensitivity is adjustable.
I ran my camera wire through the door grommet but next time I'd likely run it through the passenger side firewall where I ran the power wire. Fishing it into my front fender was a little time-consuming. For the firewall access there are separate inside and outside (frunk-side) grommets, and getting the relatively large connector on the camera cable through them might be a little challenging, but not likely any worse than through the door grommet and into front fender. The camera wire is plenty long to take any route you wish. I had likely 2 feet excess at the camera end that I bundled up under the frunk liner.