Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you get both $500 discount and 10,000 referral credit if you refer yourself?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new car already has FSD, I want to use the 3 months for another Tesla I own (also on my account). I am unable to find how this can be claimed/activated.
You can't. It isn't something you get to activate, it is automatic and only applies to the car purchased. I'm not sure if loyalty purchases even include the free trial, I thought it only applied to referrals.

You can't. It isn't something you get to activate, it is automatic and only applies to the car purchased. I'm not sure if loyalty purchases even include the free trial, I thought it only applied to referrals.
Loyalty purchases do get 3 months of FSD on the new Tesla. I just purchased a model 3 and got $500 off and 3 months of FSD on the 3.

Any way to transfer the referral credits to a family member? I received the 10,0000 points when my son used my link for his M3 purchase. My car is already maxed out and I don't need Tesla clothing, etc. I'd like to use the points to get him the acceleration boost and lighted door plates.

Any way to transfer the referral credits to a family member? I received the 10,0000 points when my son used my link for his M3 purchase. My car is already maxed out and I don't need Tesla clothing, etc. I'd like to use the points to get him the acceleration boost and lighted door plates.
No.

But you should be able to order the lighted door sill plates... I don't know if your son added you as an authorized driver to the vehicle if you could then buy the acceleration boost for him. (If not he could transfer the vehicle to you, you could buy it, and then transfer it back. It should work...)

Took delivery of new MY yesterday. I don’t see any 3 months FSD thing. I’m checking under “Software” on display. Only shows Autopilot as Included package.
I do see 10,000 points available under redeem. But no FSD. The person at delivery said it may take a day or two for system to recognize and pick FSD 3 month free thing. I was Model 3 owner (so loyalty owner?). Can’t make sense how to get FSD free trial.

Also does it show anywhere that I have 6 month free SC? Or just drive to SC and check? How would one know about this

TIA!

Took delivery of new MY yesterday. I don’t see any 3 months FSD thing. I’m checking under “Software” on display. Only shows Autopilot as Included package.
I do see 10,000 points available under redeem. But no FSD. The person at delivery said it may take a day or two for system to recognize and pick FSD 3 month free thing. I was Model 3 owner (so loyalty owner?). Can’t make sense how to get FSD free trial.

Also does it show anywhere that I have 6 month free SC? Or just drive to SC and check? How would one know about this

TIA!
I took delivery of my MY 1 day after you. You can check the 6 month free supercharging on "Specs & Warranty" button on your app (scroll all the way down). It will show your Time-bound Supercharging expiration date.

I didn't see FSD either, but maybe it will show up. I tried to use my brother referral, but ended up getting the 10,000 credit on my account because I am an existing owner and loyalty referral trumps all others. I used 9500 on acceleration boost as it has by far the best bang for the points even though I don't need the extra boost. Since I got the inventory car, I got around $3.8k off the MSRP. It's a great deal.

I took delivery of my MY 1 day after you. You can check the 6 month free supercharging on "Specs & Warranty" button on your app (scroll all the way down). It will show your Time-bound Supercharging expiration date.

I didn't see FSD either, but maybe it will show up. I tried to use my brother referral, but ended up getting the 10,000 credit on my account because I am an existing owner and loyalty referral trumps all others. I used 9500 on acceleration boost as it has by far the best bang for the points even though I don't need the extra boost. Since I got the inventory car, I got around $3.8k off the MSRP. It's a great deal.

Have you ever used Acceleration Boost? Just wondering practical utility of getting it.

I still don’t see FSD but have 10k credits as well. I do see free SC under Account > Charging in the app.

I think by 10k credits you have option of getting 3 month FSD. Not sure how useful vision based FSD is at this point though

Have you ever used Acceleration Boost? Just wondering practical utility of getting it.

I still don’t see FSD but have 10k credits as well. I do see free SC under Account > Charging in the app.

I think by 10k credits you have option of getting 3 month FSD. Not sure how useful vision based FSD is at this point though
Acceleration Boost would be the best use of your referral credit, since you would have to pay $2,000 for it on your own.

It's completely impractical for me LOL. MY is my 3rd Tesla in 6 years. I don't think I have ever needed or use the full acceleration (padel to the metal) except for the first few days getting the cars just to try it out to make sure the car could "GO". I just got it because if I ever need to sell the car, it would be worth something (maybe). For practicality, I probably should have chosen the 4 years of premium connectivity which I am going to pay anyway assuming that you could pre-paid 4 years before the 10,000 points expired in 1 year. I guess I also buy Tesla connector or roof rack to sell them....

You won't receive the FSD because you received the "Loyalty" referral credit since you've owned a tesla before. This will happen even if you've used someone else's referral link.

Loyalty:
  • Buyer: 10k credits, 6mo. Free SuC
Referral:
  • Buyer: 6mo. free SuC, 3mo. FSD
  • Referrer: 10k credits