Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queue position effect of Day 1 M3 orders delayed due to later availability of $35K model?

What percentage of Day 1 reservation holders will delay their delivery for the $35K M3?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So right now the leading vote suggests people believe 31-40% of people will delay for the cheaper model. Would be interesting to now run a poll that asks people directly, who preordered on day 1, if they're going to delay until the cheaper model is available. My guess is that it will be less, and that 31-40% votes are coming from people like me, who are not going to delay, but are hoping that 31-40% of people do, thus moving me up in line.

• Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
So right now the leading vote suggests people believe 31-40% of people will delay for the cheaper model. Would be interesting to now run a poll that asks people directly, who preordered on day 1, if they're going to delay until the cheaper model is available. My guess is that it will be less, and that 31-40% votes are coming from people like me, who are not going to delay, but are hoping that 31-40% of people do, thus moving me up in line.

Enthusiasts on a forum like this aren't really representative anyway, though.

but what if the car is built and delivered to the local service center, then when it is time to arrange financing, they say no? What happens to my 2500, actually 3500?
Sorry to say that Tesla keeps your $3500 deposit if you walk away for any reason. It was $5000 for Model X reservation holders, and some had this happen to them, described here on TMC. Who knows, maybe they change this for Model 3, but I would not assume so.

Sorry to say that Tesla keeps your $3500 deposit if you walk away for any reason. It was $5000 for Model X reservation holders, and some had this happen to them, described here on TMC. Who knows, maybe they change this for Model 3, but I would not assume so.

Legally Tesla doesn't have a leg to stand on if you give them the deposit and can't get approved for financing. If they insisted on keeping your deposit you'd likely get it back if you took them to small claims court.

Reactions: DR61
Enthusiasts on a forum like this aren't really representative anyway, though.

I still think the results would be more accurate than asking people what they think the results would hypothetically be. People may be enthusiasts here, but I suspect we have a fair sampling of people who both want day 1 cars, and those who want a Model 3 because it can be had at an affordable level. We have entire threads dedicated to both those who are waiting and those who are not waiting.