Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick tap on a turn signal doesn't work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Transformer

Do the math. Save the world. — Mark Leon
Dec 26, 2019
Silicon Valley
A quick tap on the turn signal stalk (also on yoke buttons?) fails to start the turn signal. If you don't notice that in a busy + noisy situation, then you have to push through the auto lane keeping feature.

To reliably start or stop signaling requires a longish tap, say 1/3 second. Even after you learn about this workaround on TMC, it's not easy to remember to do a special duration tap.

The turn signal is stupid and doesn’t register sometimes. Also the auto cancel feature mostly works great but there should be a mode where it just stays on until you cancel it (half press should auto cancel and full press should stay on until manually cancelled or turn completed). Eg making multiple lane changes or changing lanes into a turn lane. Many times where it auto cancels when I want it to stay on and I have to tap the stalk again only for it to not register but I not notice and I end up changing lanes without a signal like a douche.

Reactions: Gauss Guzzler