Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quietest high performance summer tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it weight rated for a Tesla? Just because a tire comes in the size that can be mounted on a Tesla doesn't mean it should be used on a Tesla. Does the manufacturer recommend it for a Tesla? In my time on the forums, I've not seen that tire mentioned.
Tire rack recommended them, and they have load index 98 (750kg) which is same as for the 19" OEM tire for Model S so I figure there is good margin

Reactions: Akikiki
Installing the Indy 500's today. Will report back.
I have done a couple of hundred miles on the new Indy 500s changing over from my OEM Eagles which had less than 10k miles on them.

Road noise = about the same.
Grip = much better
Rain = much better

So far these are amazing for $148 I paid each. Wear and energy per mile will be interesting to monitor. So far, a good buy.

I have done a couple of hundred miles on the new Indy 500s changing over from my OEM Eagles which had less than 10k miles on them.

Road noise = about the same.
Grip = much better
Rain = much better

So far these are amazing for $148 I paid each. Wear and energy per mile will be interesting to monitor. So far, a good buy.

Were your OEM tires the Eagle RS-A2 or the Eagle Touring?

Any ideas on range performance for the Firehawk Indy 500s?
I have had them for 455 miles now and got 318 Wh/mile. OEM (Eagle RSA2) tires used 305 Wh/mile. Not sure if I drove equally so please take this with a big grain of salt. The ols tires were worn down to smaller radius. If trip meter based on radius, take an even bigger grain of salt. Only if GPS based is this result useful
IMG_1170.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: MacGreiner
I have had them for 455 miles now and got 318 Wh/mile. OEM (Eagle RSA2) tires used 305 Wh/mile. Not sure if I drove equally so please take this with a big grain of salt. The ols tires were worn down to smaller radius. If trip meter based on radius, take an even bigger grain of salt. Only if GPS based is this result useful View attachment 304441
I just read this thread: Do P85Ds and S85Ds have inaccurate odometers that overstate distance traveled? where it is explained that the trip meter uses wheel revolutions. Since my OEM tires were worn down 6.4 mm from new from a 350 mm radius, the OEM wheel consumption becomes not 305 Wh/mile but 310, to compare with Firehawks' 318 if everything else was equal.

I don't know about quietest.. but I just put back on a new set of OE Michelin mxm4 after having run winter Michelin Xice... and the mxm4 are very noticeably quieter tires than the winters. Plenty quiet for the car.. If model S was a quieter car with more sound deadening etc.. it may be worth hunting around for quieter tires yet... but these are a good match. Put a smile on my face.