Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Racing game wear and tear on tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so maybe I'm a little over-protective of my brand new Model 3, but my kid likes to get behind the wheel and play the cars racing games, and I don't let him because it moves the actual wheels of the car back and forth on the driveway or asphalt and I'm concerned about wear and tear on the tires. Am I being ridiculous? Should I just let the kid have fun?

Ya, you’re kinda being a bit of a "Richard". This is a time YOU will never get back. I used to be like you when my kids were little. Now I don’t care if my grandson takes a dump in my car (figuratively speaking). Remember that your kids will grow up and leave before you know and you might just regret this some day. Just sayin'.

Why don’t you just buy a game controller?

Park on a patch of oil.

But seriously, you could park with the front wheels on some sheets of Teflon.

Screenshot_20220505-135457_Chrome.jpg

Okay, so maybe I'm a little over-protective of my brand new Model 3, but my kid likes to get behind the wheel and play the cars racing games, and I don't let him because it moves the actual wheels of the car back and forth on the driveway or asphalt and I'm concerned about wear and tear on the tires. Am I being ridiculous? Should I just let the kid have fun?

Get him a racing wheel that he can play on. Or re-direct his energy to something "more fun." Play with your kid.

Reactions: RipVanFinkle
I've seen video of someone using cardboard under the front tyres