Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RacingBrake or MPP BBK rotors only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lbowroom

Plaid, white on black, CF, 8/27/21, Track Pack
Sep 12, 2018
Orange County
I know there’s discussion of both in here, but has anyone considered them head to head? For my stealth P with the Zero G wheels. Key difference is RB rear diameter is 355 with an adapter bracket whereas MPP keeps the rear stock diameter.

I do have MPP comfort coils, lower control arm bushings, upper control arms, rear camber and toe arms. Any input? Honestly, mostly cosmetic for me. Not sure if it will ever see the track.

I've posted this before, but the factory Performance brakes are by far your best bang for the buck if you are only looking for cosmetics.

The retrofit can be done for $2,500-$3,000 if you go used, or ~$3,700 new.

As far as MPP vs RB, MPP is hands down the better company. Their rotors are made by Girodisc, one of the top manufacturers in the industry.

I've posted this before, but the factory Performance brakes are by far your best bang for the buck if you are only looking for cosmetics.

The retrofit can be done for $2,500-$3,000 if you go used, or ~$3,700 new.

As far as MPP vs RB, MPP is hands down the better company. Their rotors are made by Girodisc, one of the top manufacturers in the industry.

:) Thank you for the kind words! Girodisc has been an amazing partner for us. Using only strictly controlled US sourced materials gives us great confidence in the end product since metal composition is more crucial in rotors than any other component we sell!

I can say that MPP has been great. My cars rides nothing like it did prior. All of the suspension enhancements actually made the ride smoother and far more predictable. It’s really uneventful to drive, in a good way. If anyone is worried about NVH, don’t be.

I did meet the RB team a few years ago. They needed a donor car for measurements. They seemed competent and the upsized rear rotor was interesting. I didn’t end up upgrading. My new Zero G wheels are pretty open. I sent them a few question a couple days ago... haven’t heard back.

On the other hand, Jesse from MPP got back to me right away.

I’m not a stranger to the track, but on two wheels, not four. My club racing days are over. I prefer functional upgrades though. I’m not going to just slap some red paint on the calipers.

Placing my order for MPP today.

Jesse is amazing, every time I have reached out (quite often) he responds within 12 hours. MPP's customer service is superb.

I appreciate this so much. I was feeling a bit burnt out this week from life but this was great to read on my Friday morning :) Thanks for the love guys and I am always happy to hear that our efforts are noticed. - Jesse

I know there’s discussion of both in here, but has anyone considered them head to head? For my stealth P with the Zero G wheels. Key difference is RB rear diameter is 355 with an adapter bracket whereas MPP keeps the rear stock diameter.

I’m sorta in the same bucket as you. I would like a bbk to fill inside the wheel space inside a little better and RB makes a rear and MPP only makes a front. Maybe something for @MountainPass to consider. I saw the EBC has made a two piece for the S and X.

Reactions: bcpm3p

I do have MPP comfort coils, lower control arm bushings, upper control arms, rear camber and toe arms. Any input? Honestly, mostly cosmetic for me. Not sure if it will ever see the track.
I bit the bullet. If you have open face wheels you should too. Thanks Jesse @MountainPass
E0F3D2C0-0DDF-45C7-B866-7EFA5D532D00.jpeg

Man I have to say this upgrade is so dope and pictures do not do this any justice. If you know someone local that has a set I suggest you go checking it out. I also love the fact that the rotor hat color matches the MSM paint! Install for all 4 was 2 hours so it was inline with what Jesse @MountainPass said in their video. Pricey...yes but the is quality is definitely there. Be sure to have all the tools listed. The front calipers can rest on the LCA towards to motor and the rear you can rest it on the camber arm when changing out the rotor. If you have open face wheels it’s a no brainer....go for it. Sorry for the dirty car pics.
92BDE97F-43FD-4E6C-AA6A-3DC687F90883.jpeg
BF0636EE-6933-4866-BC8A-3834BE1245EE.jpeg
CAAC7C05-68B8-4A87-BEBB-5C0F9A4E8D97.jpeg
12AA8012-4CE6-440E-8832-B0C229180B6E.jpeg
FFC1CDC2-C78B-4CD1-852B-4C012C68C5D0.jpeg

Quick Q for those who have installed the MPP or other slotted rotors: Have you noticed any increase in noise level?
Every slotted rotor I have ever installed on any my other cars, adds a whirring noise. especially noticeable at low speeds in parking lots/ramps where the sound can be heard bouncing off walls and other cars, goes away when brakes are slightly applied.
Any increased squeak/squeal ?
Thanks,.

Quick Q for those who have installed the MPP or other slotted rotors: Have you noticed any increase in noise level?
Every slotted rotor I have ever installed on any my other cars, adds a whirring noise. especially noticeable at low speeds in parking lots/ramps where the sound can be heard bouncing off walls and other cars, goes away when brakes are slightly applied.
Thanks,.

I haven't noticed any increase in NVH with my MPP rotors.

Thanks,.
NOPE but the only thing I notice is the rotors get rusty real real quick. I know you brake so they rust comes off but there are parts where the pad doesn’t touch and it stays rusty.

Last edited: