Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got this in an email from my ISA:

"You are correct that Raleigh is experiencing some logistical issues at the moment but they’re working on a solution for that which could include home delivery. As we get closer I’ll let you know."

I’ll be taking delivery in Raleigh using the new process on Thursday. (If Florence is a nice girl!) In short, the process is as follows:
(1) Go by Raleigh office and sign all papers.
(2) Pay by ACH 48-hours prior to delivery window.
(3) Take home delivery in a 4-hour time window. A Tesla associate will drive the car to your house and demo it.

You can pay by cashiers check too, but I don’t have the details on that. I’m assuming the associate will Uber back to their office after drop off.

I just got this in an email from my ISA:

"You are correct that Raleigh is experiencing some logistical issues at the moment but they’re working on a solution for that which could include home delivery. As we get closer I’ll let you know."

FWIW I too heard this from my ISA, just an hour or so ago- but only because I had to prompt him yet again to give me an update on where the hell my car is 3 weeks after it "left the factory" on its journey to me.

He's also still "trying" to get me a trade in offer 3 weeks after I originally uploaded all the relevant pictures same day I was notified it was on its way.

I’ll be taking delivery in Raleigh using the new process on Thursday. (If Florence is a nice girl!) In short, the process is as follows:
(1) Go by Raleigh office and sign all papers.
(2) Pay by ACH 48-hours prior to delivery window.
(3) Take home delivery in a 4-hour time window. A Tesla associate will drive the car to your house and demo it.

You can pay by cashiers check too, but I don’t have the details on that. I’m assuming the associate will Uber back to their office after drop off.

Hmm, so how are you supposed to inspect the vehicle or refuse delivery if there are any big problems if you've already signed and paid? Hoping it goes smoothly for you (and that the weather cooperates... make sure you park that thing in a solid structure before the hurricane hits!)

FWIW I too heard this from my ISA, just an hour or so ago- but only because I had to prompt him yet again to give me an update on where the hell my car is 3 weeks after it "left the factory" on its journey to me.

He's also still "trying" to get me a trade in offer 3 weeks after I originally uploaded all the relevant pictures same day I was notified it was on its way.

Credit where it's due- trade offer came in just now only an hourish after he said he'd check again.

It's just a little bit below the "amount I'd be ok taking to save trouble of private sale" so I'm hoping Carmax can improve on it slightly

@Stellavator @Ozymandius
Its a P3D stealth mode :) won't put badging on and aeros keep her stealthy
They only got me up to around 180 miles of range, offered to do more but I knew I needed to eat dinner (4PM appt, didn't leave till after 7PM) and why not get home with a charge vs almost empty.
I have seen others post but didn't get how fast this puppy charges! 116kw and 455 mi/hour whew! Just wait for V3 Superchargers!

I also received a second email from Andrew. I still don’t have a delivery date on my order page yet though. Still hoping the delivery will occur the first week of October.

I just received a second email from Andrew. He answered my questions about payment options. He said they are waiting for my vehicle to move closer to the service center in Raleigh.

Yay!! Another step forward.

Reactions: Sg911
Hmm, so how are you supposed to inspect the vehicle or refuse delivery if there are any big problems if you've already signed and paid? Hoping it goes smoothly for you (and that the weather cooperates... make sure you park that thing in a solid structure before the hurricane hits!)

Great question! I think you can always ask to take delivery at the Raleigh office, instead of home delivery. I hope you have better luck than I did with that request. Also, I wonder if we can just pay the Tesla associate with a cashier’s check when he brings the car?

Tesla 888-771-2505 number just called me and said I could get my car as early as next Tuesday. I’m going to be out of town, so I requested next Friday (9/21). Hopefully these estimates can be fulfilled in Raleigh :)
Haha this should be interesting with Hurricane F approaching
Florence should be gone by Sunday. Unless there is flooding or damage things should be back to normal by first of the week.
Yes , 100 mph winds, and a few feet of rain shouldn’t be too bad lol- this is Florence by Friday - I’m sure deliveries will resume in October !
5F641EFE-78ED-4D45-A6F2-1D00A78E4151.jpeg

Did they mention how they are going to protect all the cars during the hurricane? Isn't the regional loading area in Charlotte? Is that safe? Sorry, I have no clue about hurricanes and distance as I'm in the PNW :).
They likely won't do much to protect the cars in Charlotte. Likely 100-150 cars on the lot right now. My guess is many of them don't even have much of a charge.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
Just got this update from my delivery adviser-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So they have found a solution to the logistical issue in Raleigh and that is sending the car directly to your house at no additional cost. This means a couple things are different with this but we’re trying to get you your car as soon as possible.

1. The vehicle must be funded completely before your Tesla can ship from your service center. If you are paying in cash ACH payment can be made from your Tesla account, or you can send a cashier’s check or wire payment. If you have obtained financing, we must have funding in full from your bank prior to delivery. If possible, please have the check sent to my address at 7180 Pollock Drive, Las Vegas NV 89119 C/O YOUR NAME if a check is to be sent.

1. The vehicle will be at your nearest service center prior to shipping. Once there, we will hire out a third party vendor to ultimately take your vehicle to your home address, or other address as you coordinate with the driver. We give a general ETA business day timeline for this process to play out. As we work with a third party vendor to delivery, we must also work with their routing and timetables as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This caused me to have questions.

Like- if it's going to be at my nearest service center- that's Raleigh- why can't I just go get it right there and then? I work like 15 minutes away, I can accommodate any time/date they give me within reason and not waste their money and everyones time on a 3rd party.

Also - since nobody from Tesla is coming with the car- what happens if there's something wrong with it? Can I refuse delivery at that point? Or if it's minor enough I just need it as a "we owe" item- who agrees to it since nobody from Tesla is there?

Waiting for answers but this sounds more sketch than the method Ozymandius described he was going to be trying where an actual Tesla person delivers the car and he gets to do the paperwork AT the dealership instead of sending a check to Vegas.