Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've allegedly got a delivery this Sunday in Raleigh.

I've been sent nothing at all to sign by anybody local.

(car is already paid for, trade in already is completed-- I have a VIN and a complete MVPA signed by tesla but not by me in my account but no esign link to it).

I've allegedly got a delivery this Sunday in Raleigh.

I've been sent nothing at all to sign by anybody local.

(car is already paid for, trade in already is completed-- I have a VIN and a complete MVPA signed by tesla but not by me in my account but no esign link to it).
The emails with docs from the SA and the DA started flowing to me the day before the scheduled delivery (then it was rescheduled).

• Helpful
Reactions: Knightshade
Quick update. They called earlier and said your car is ready, come anytime. So my wife went 1.5h after they called and when she arrived the car needed to be detailed and inspected. She had to wait about 45m for that to complete but she was able to take delivery of the car. We will need to do a more detailed inspection, but so far only found a couple of minor things (charge door not aligned appropriately resulting in it scraping the paint and a grease spot in the interior). Lesson for future appointment holders, don't necessarily expect your car to be ready when you arrive, but at least the wait was not too bad in our case.

You can see where the misaligned charge door scrapes the paint at the bottom
chargedoor.jpg

Last edited:
Sitting at the Charlotte SC waiting on my delivery. Spoke with the gallery manager here who told me they have a lot in Raleigh (at a body shop) that can hold about 100 vehicles, that they will be using for deliveries. Not sure if this is short term or long term, but a bunch of cars left here yesterday to head to Raleigh.

Sitting at the Charlotte SC waiting on my delivery. Spoke with the gallery manager here who told me they have a lot in Raleigh (at a body shop) that can hold about 100 vehicles, that they will be using for deliveries. Not sure if this is short term or long term, but a bunch of cars left here yesterday to head to Raleigh.
Confirmed, I stopped by today to drop off paperwork and the lot was already filling with cars from Charlotte with more trucks on the way.

That might have been me @attack7 . I drove up to make sure my paperwork was in and processed.

The young lady was great and said I "might" be able to get my car before the end of the month via Home Delivery but wasn't sure. I offered to pick it up in Charlotte on Friday (tomorrow). She said she could work it out, wish it was Raleigh because that's where I have to be Saturday....however now I get to drive it.

I'm also taking my 9 year old super car enthusiast son. Although I'm pumped, he is like it's Christmas, so excited for this weekend together. Not very many chances to have these kind of moments and share them with someone who is just as stoked as you!

• Love
Reactions: attack7
Does anyone have a recommendation on installing a 14-50 in my garage? Right next to the breaker? I know little to nothing about the installation :oops:

I did it myself using the NEC code as documented online and got it inspected by the Town of Cary. I had a 20ft run of 6/3 romex, where I had to fish through drywall in my garage. If you have electrical and diy experience, this is not hard. Cary moved in June to 2017 NEC so I needed to use a more expensive GFCI 50A breaker. Check out the battery and charging forum for lots of discussion on this topic. A key aspect is if your panel or subpanel has capacity per NEC load calc to add a 50A circuit.