Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new delivery location is 2424 S Wilmington St in Raleigh. I picked up my M3LR AWD there on 11/14 and all went very smoothly. Drew did an outstanding job getting the car ready and the young lady who did the paperwork was very efficient. Love the car and cannot wait to take it on a road trip.

Any of you over 30 day plate people get resolved? I'm in the same spot now. Got it inspected and but what?

I came close. Got it inspected, and then Tesla paid for fedex overnight of my plates.

They seem to perpetually cost themselves money not bothering to plan ahead for anything.

Since they hadn't charged vehicle tax they came with a T sticker as they're "temp" until Dec 31... then you go online and pay the property tax and you'll be able to get "real" plates (which if you're not doing personalized just means you get a sticker with a date, not a T).

• Informative
Reactions: jdmasters
I came close. Got it inspected, and then Tesla paid for fedex overnight of my plates.

They seem to perpetually cost themselves money not bothering to plan ahead for anything.

Since they hadn't charged vehicle tax they came with a T sticker as they're "temp" until Dec 31... then you go online and pay the property tax and you'll be able to get "real" plates (which if you're not doing personalized just means you get a sticker with a date, not a T).

My car was inspected upon delivery day. I have a temporary tag as well. Hopefully I will receive a real one soon too.

My car was inspected upon delivery day. I have a temporary tag as well. Hopefully I will receive a real one soon too.

Yeah in the Q3 delivery rush they apparently (and illegally) delivered a ton of cars without bothering to do the state inspection first-- mine included- so I had to go have it inspected myself afterward in order to get a non-30-day tag.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
My original delivery for my M3P+ was scheduled for Nov 27th. Tried calling the service center yesterday and since my car was already in, they were able to move my delivery to last night! The delivery process was smooth, although the location was nowhere with non-existing seating for customers. I am a fan and was excited to get the car and aware of the delivery pains that Tesla is going through, so was willing to look beyond the logistics. All in all, took about an hour to take delivery of the car and do a quick visual inspection for damage or paint issues.

This was my first time in a Tesla car and it took a bit of getting used to the drive, regen and other dynamics. Love the car so far! My phone works well, tried summon this morning and it works as well! Yet to install the Tesla charger so regular 110V charging for 12+ hours gave me about 40 miles, will be trying the supercharger at lunch time.

My original delivery for my M3P+ was scheduled for Nov 27th. Tried calling the service center yesterday and since my car was already in, they were able to move my delivery to last night! The delivery process was smooth, although the location was nowhere with non-existing seating for customers. I am a fan and was excited to get the car and aware of the delivery pains that Tesla is going through, so was willing to look beyond the logistics. All in all, took about an hour to take delivery of the car and do a quick visual inspection for damage or paint issues.

This was my first time in a Tesla car and it took a bit of getting used to the drive, regen and other dynamics. Love the car so far! My phone works well, tried summon this morning and it works as well! Yet to install the Tesla charger so regular 110V charging for 12+ hours gave me about 40 miles, will be trying the supercharger at lunch time.

Thanks for posting the above. I called and had my 11/26 M3P+ delivery moved to tomorrow (11/21) in Raleigh. My delivery still shows 8800 Westgate Park Drive though. Did yours, or did it have the new address? Thanks!

Does the Raleigh location do Sunday deliveries/pickups? My Tesla Account has me for home delivery on Monday, but it would be more convenient to pick it up on Sunday if that's a possibility. Then again, I have no idea if they've even received the car yet.

I'm picking up my LR RWD today. Tesla called me yesterday to tell me it would be at the 2424 S Wilmington St delivery location. Originally it was scheduled for last Sunday but they callled me to reschedule because they "weren't quite ready for Sunday deliveries, maybe in a few weeks".

I'm picking up my LR RWD today. Tesla called me yesterday to tell me it would be at the 2424 S Wilmington St delivery location. Originally it was scheduled for last Sunday but they callled me to reschedule because they "weren't quite ready for Sunday deliveries, maybe in a few weeks".

Nice... I'll give them a call to see if the vehicle is even in town. Maybe they can move the delivery to Sunday.

So it begins.

Was originally ~#15 to put down a deposit in Raleigh on launch day but cancelled when I fell in love with the (then new) Fiat 124 (aka Fiata). 2 years in the Fiat has been lots of fun, but with the tax credit about to halve and the 3 having matured a bit I figured it was time.

So the Fiat will go, as will my old 2012 Prius which I kept to drive when the weather was bad. The 3 will be my year round daily.

11/23/18 - Placed order: M3LR, DM, Blue, Aero - Pick up at the SC

My commute is simple and I actually like driving so EAP just didn't make sense this go around. I'd rather save that cash to help move the wife from her Prius c to a BEV (hopefully a model Y) when the time comes.

That was quick:
11/23/18 - Placed order: M3LR, DM, Blue, Aero - Pick up at the SC
11/26/18 - Scheduled for pickup at 2PM on 12/5 but no VIN yet. Unfortunately I'm doing a training class all day so waiting to hear back on options (day before, late that day, or afternoon on the next day).

Reactions: jdcollins5
Looks like you're getting your car much faster than I am.
I'm a reservation holder April 2016.
Ordered M3Performance, black interior on 11/10.
I just test drove at Raleigh store on Sunday and was told the car is in Mississippi. I received a vin today after I emailed my contact at the store.